welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NEED help trying to update ipod touch 3rd Gen sooftware.

NEED help trying to update ipod touch 3rd Gen sooftware.

I have a 3rd gen itouch and it is jailbroken on 5.0(this is also the hacked version of 5.0) and of course its a tethered jailbreak. What can i do to update to the latest version ios, also still being able to jailbreak it with the UNTETHERED version? Any help is appreciated.

Device
    Jailbroken iPad 2 16GB with Wi-Fi - White
    Quote Originally Posted by zunteck View Post
    I have a 3rd gen itouch and it is jailbroken on 5.0(this is also the hacked version of 5.0) and of course its a tethered jailbreak. What can i do to update to the latest version ios, also still being able to jailbreak it with the UNTETHERED version? Any help is appreciated.
    Before you update, make sure to backup all your data, then restore the iPod to factory settings. You cannot update a jailbroken device without doing so.

I believe the latest version of iOS for that device is iOS 5.1.1, so you would use Absinthe.

Please hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way! :eagerness:

The latest version of the IOS available to the iPod Touch 3g is 5.1.1 according to Apple, (Check out "System Requirements on the right). You're better off this way anyway. IOS 6.x.x was not much of an improvement over IOS 5.1.1 and it is easy to get an untethered jailbreak on it using Redsn0w or Absinthe 2.0.4.

+ Reply to Thread