welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sorry in Advance

Device
    iPhone 4S/32gb

Unhappy Sorry in Advance

I'm not new in any fashion with firmware upgrading and jailbreaking but I'm trying to get my Father's iPod4G on 4.2.1 up to 5.1.0 or whatever and his is already jailbroken just want to move him up and re-jailbreak it so he can install Apps that are only for a certain firmware, can anyone give me a clue as to why in my iTunes v10.5 keeps giving me an error code '1304' and one other? I download the proper firmware from Flexbins and hit 'Shift-Restore' in iTunes while his iPod is in DFU mode but it's not working so am I doing something wrong or if this is answered anywhere else please let me know also which program to JB once upgraded, I was told by many trustworthy Twitter friends of old that Redsn0w 9. something would work?

Thanks

Device
    Jailbroken iPad 2 16GB with Wi-Fi - White
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow1372 View Post
    I'm not new in any fashion with firmware upgrading and jailbreaking but I'm trying to get my Father's iPod4G on 4.2.1 up to 5.1.0 or whatever and his is already jailbroken just want to move him up and re-jailbreak it so he can install Apps that are only for a certain firmware, can anyone give me a clue as to why in my iTunes v10.5 keeps giving me an error code '1304' and one other? I download the proper firmware from Flexbins and hit 'Shift-Restore' in iTunes while his iPod is in DFU mode but it's not working so am I doing something wrong or if this is answered anywhere else please let me know also which program to JB once upgraded, I was told by many trustworthy Twitter friends of old that Redsn0w 9. something would work?

Thanks
    Before you upgrade any jailbroken device, I'm afraid you have to restore it first.

Please hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way! :eagerness:

Sorry in Advance

hey skydivers
    We are very sorry that we palced our diving add at your forum - as we do not read russian well we have got confused.
    Sorry once again and have a nice skydiving where ever you are

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrow1372 View Post

Thanks
    So, what you want is to update your device to the latest firmware. I would just try it in iTunes (preferably in DFU mode). You will lose the jailbreak and any installed Cydia apps, but it should do the job just fine.

+ Reply to Thread