welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ipod 5.5 screen rotation hack

ipod 5.5 screen rotation hack

Hi,

I'm posting here because I have a question I can't find an answer for, so I'll try forums.

For a casemod, I'm using the innards of a 5.5G ipod video. Thing is, in order to fit it, the screen is rotated the wrong way.
    Replacing the ribbon connector for a longer one seems undoable considering the immensely tiny connnectors involved, so I figured a firmware hack was the way to go.
    That's where I hit a dead end, though. I can't find any way to pull it off.
    I found a firmware hack that let me run ipod touch firmware on the 5.5, which I thought would bring me closer since I believe ipod touch packs screen rotation.
    That is, again, where I hit a dead end.

So now I'm asking those with more knowledge than me. Any input would be much appreciated.

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    Have you considered trying rockbox on it? I haven't tried it on an iPod, but it should have options to rotate the screen built-in. If not it's just as easy as editing a few lines of code and compiling it yourself.

Yeah, but rockbox isn't really an option since the main thing I'm using it for is video playback, and rockbox doesn't do that very well since it can't access the hardware properly

Account Currently Disabled
    if you dont undersand you dont have answer its simple

+ Reply to Thread