welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Q-Fourth Gen. 5.1 Jailbreak? Semi-Tethered or Untethered Preffered

Question Q-Fourth Gen. 5.1 Jailbreak? Semi-Tethered or Untethered Preffered

Hi, I've been searching the internet and XDA for a jailbreak that doesn't brick my iPod the second I try it. Here are the things I've tried:
    1.Restoring to iOS 5.0.1-BRICK
    2.Using RedSn0W-BRICK
    Luckily, I know how to debrick.
    So if you can find a good jailbreak, that would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by camason24 View Post
    Hi, I've been searching the internet and XDA for a jailbreak that doesn't brick my iPod the second I try it. Here are the things I've tried:
    1.Restoring to iOS 5.0.1-BRICK
    2.Using RedSn0W-BRICK
    Luckily, I know how to debrick.
    So if you can find a good jailbreak, that would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    What iOS are you on if your using 5.1 then it's a tethered jailbreak meaning you need to use a program to start the iPod up otherwise it seems bricked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Yes, I know there has so far been tethered only, but I try to send it into DFU mode and then RedSn0w does not detect it. Even if my iPod is on, it still will not detect it. Any advice?

Device
    Yes, I know there has so far been tethered only, but I try to send it into DFU mode and then RedSn0w does not detect it. Even if my iPod is on, it still will not detect it. Any advice?
    You try sn0wbreeze and does iTunes recognize it?

Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

I just tried Sn0wbreeze, though I'm not quite sure I did it right. I was bricked again and was forced to restore. Do you have any tips on using it? Possibly a guide?

Another thing I noticed is whenever I set it into DFU mode, iTunes recognizes it as recovery mode. Is that a significant problem?

One last detail is that I tried using iOS 5.0.1 from the internet and it was not signed for my iPod.

Device
    What exactly are you doing seems like your trying to get on iOS 5.0.1 but unless you have the shsh blobs for that iOS it's a no go, you'll need iOS 5.1 which is tethered.

Plz post a condensed detail of what your doing and what you want, and also what you have available shsh blobs or iPod already on iOS 5.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by J03Y4G View Post
    What exactly are you doing seems like your trying to get on iOS 5.0.1 but unless you have the shsh blobs for that iOS it's a no go, you'll need iOS 5.1 which is tethered.

Plz post a condensed detail of what your doing and what you want, and also what you have available shsh blobs or iPod already on iOS 5.0.1

Okay, I all ready had iOS 5.0.1 on my computer but forgot about the shsh blobs. I am on iOS 5.1 and redsn0w will not detect my iPod. I tried using sn0wbreeze with that iOS 5.0.1 and I believe that's why it failed. Does that help at all?

Device
    Okay, I all ready had iOS 5.0.1 on my computer but forgot about the shsh blobs. I am on iOS 5.1 and redsn0w will not detect my iPod. I tried using sn0wbreeze with that iOS 5.0.1 and I believe that's why it failed. Does that help at all?
    Ok you can't use iOS 5.0.1 without the shsh blobs you need to use sn0wbreeze and make a custom iOS 5.1 and follow the steps to pwn in dfu the use iTunes to restore you'll have to boot tethered with ibooty or redsn0w

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast