welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To: Install iOS 5 on your 2G/3G iPhone/iPod Touch without jailbreaking

Device
    iPhone 5

How To: Install iOS 5 on your 2G/3G iPhone/iPod Touch without jailbreaking

whited00r.jpg

Users of 1st and 2nd generation idevices have been missing out on all the awesome features that come with iOS 5. Apple left the older 1st and 2nd generation iPod Touch and iPhone models out when pushing the iOS 5 updates. However, don't fret just yet, as Whited00r has just saved you!

Thanks to the Whited00r dev team, you can no get iOS 5 on your old idevice without jailbreaking. The team of talented developers tailor made a custom version of Apple's iOS 5 for older devices including the iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 1G, and iPod Touch 2G. All you have to do is download the IPSW file and install it through iTunes. It's very simple, but you can also refer to the installation guide in case you need help.

Once you restore using WhiteD00r, you will be able to enjoy most of the cool features that you've been missing out on. Multitasking, reminders, folders, Newsstand, and an iCloud-like feature that uses Dropbox. Unfortunately, you won't be able to access the App Store from your device and will have to download and install your apps through itunes. The notification center is also left out in the custom iOS 5 build.

If you have an older idevice and want to try it, let us know how you like it in the forums! You can download WhiteD00r here, enjoy!

Article Link: How To: Install iOS 5 on your 2G/3G iPhone without jailbreaking

Device
    Iphone 3g
    Whited00r 5 is very good i have the unlocker version which works perfectly on the ipad BB 06:15:00 so i can use giffgaff on my iphone 3g

i have also managed to find a working version of siri called sara (jailbreak needed)

i have also be able to bring back the app store to the device
    Last edited by Ghost792; 02-08-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost792 View Post
    Whited00r 5 is very good i have the unlocker version which works perfectly on the ipad BB 06:15:00 so i can use giffgaff on my iphone 3g

i have also managed to find a working version of siri called sara (jailbreak needed)

i have also be able to bring back the app store to the device
    How did you get the app store working?

Device
    Iphone 3g
    The app store is still on the device all the whited00r 5 developers did was get rid of the icon by putting a bit of code into the app store info.plist and then put a link in to safari bookmarks which lets you load up the app store.

i think you need to have the device jailbroken in order to get the icon back because you need to access the app store files located in the device raw system file.

will let you know if the device needs to be jailbroken or not

if you have a jailbroken device then download ifile from cydia or use ifunbox for mac or windows and go to applications and then app store folder and load up the info.plist file

once in there delete the line that says <string> hidden </string> and then save the file and respring or reboot the device

Device
    iPhone 5
    The app store is still on the device all the whited00r 5 developers did was get rid of the icon by putting a bit of code into the app store info.plist and then put a link in to safari bookmarks which lets you load up the app store.

i think you need to have the device jailbroken in order to get the icon back because you need to access the app store files located in the device raw system file.

if you have a jailbroken device then download ifile from cydia or use ifunbox for mac or windows and go to applications and then app store folder and load up the info.plist file

once in there delete the line that says <string> hidden </string> and then save the file and respring or reboot the device
    Nice! Thanks for the info

If you guys installed iOS 5, were you guys able to install the game "Scramble With Friends?"

i think iphone browser works too.

Dude Whited00r is a modified iOS for the iDevice if you install Whited00r you are on iOS 3.1 and you also install the jailbreak so your device is jailbroken if you install this custom ROM !!!
    You will loose your warranty !!!
    Don't tell such a fu..ing sh.. to the others man ok?

Quote Originally Posted by wow. View Post
    i think iphone browser works too.
    it will work

Quote Originally Posted by pudgehero View Post
    If you guys installed iOS 5, were you guys able to install the game "Scramble With Friends?"
    You could only install games for the iOS version you have installed on your iDevice. So in case you have installed Whited00r you have iOS 3.1.
    So apps for iOS 4 won't work.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast