welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Installing only parts of themes?

Installing only parts of themes?

Im new to the Iphone, came over from android last weekend. I'm wondering if there is a way to install only parts of themes that I want, for example - I downloaded the imatte v5 theme and I love the icons, but not so much the rest of the theme. Is there a way to pull out just the icons / load only the icons? Been looking around but not having any luck.

Any body know how to go about this?

I'm not quite sure about this but I think that it's not possible. I think that the icons are included in the theme you use. perhaps, try looking for an App developer near you to create an app/theme that you want done.

I have found success in stripping elements from themes using SSH.
    Even themes downloaded from Cydia on your phone.

to get you started with SSH, download "Open SSH" from Cydia, then on your computer download an SSH editing program, I use the program FuGu on my Mac (Not quite sure if it works on PC) but a quick search of an SSH program will get you started.

You'll need the IP address of your phone, which is easy enough to find, go to your WIFI settings and click the blue arrow after the WIFI you are connected to.
    You'll then open FuGu, and input the IP, and the username as "root" instead of your computers name.
    Then it will ask for confirmation of connection, and ask for a password which will be "alpine"

You can then navigate through the individual files of your phone.
    I found this worked best for me, because I could combine different aspects of some themes, while adding my own, I have also gone as far as to compile a theme, using icons and backgrounds found in different places on the internet, and finding sounds and using an audio program to strip sections of the audio for use with the phone instead of the default sounds, eg. the sound that plays when you plug your phone in, is called "beep-beep.caf" by default on the phone. And if you take a new sound (after backing up the originals, should you ever decide to fully restore it to original settings) and rename the sound to the exact same name, and then drag and drop and overwrite, your phone will now play that sound instead of the default.

Quick foot note, the "themes" folder can be found under library after you get to the root menu on FuGu

I know that this explanation is a little vague, but the guide I used to get started can be found here!
    Just remove the commas, as I am a new user

.http,://www,.iclarified,.com/entry,/index.php?enid=2096

Hope this helps!

Device
    iPhone 4S
    Google for iExplorer and download that program. After installing connect your iPhone and then you can navigate through your iDevice.
    Go to "/Library/Themes/" and select the desired theme (in this case matte v5).
    - Some themes exist out of multiple folders, so make sure you select the one that is required for this situation.

You can export the theme folder to your desktop by just right clicking on the folder and "export to folder". After you have exported it, you can open the folder and view everything inside.
    It is smart to create a backup of that folder in case anything goes wrong.
    After creating the backup, go to the original folder and check out what is stored inside it. You can delete the parts that you don't want and keep the ones that you do want.

Now just copy that folder to your iPhone with iExplorer and apply theme with Winterboard. It should work perfectly.

And remember: practice makes perfect.

NIke Free Run 2 Sko Danmark AujKsn

Suffered to hyour latest Outlook.com inbox

As promised, your Hotmail account has been upgraded to Outlook.com. All of your email and other facts from your Hotmail account are relieve here, and your email direct as not changed.

Pick a stroll—eye the video on the make up for to settle about with your trendy inbox.
    Outlook.com tips—know the culmination rated tips and tricks based on feedback from millions of Outlook.com users.
    Enrol your inbox; we sent you an email—we’ll broadcast you all regarding Outlook.com's proficient features.

Post Classic Sh

Nearby time on September 26,?mod=viewthread&tid=410758&pid=475400&page=1&ex tra=page=1#pid475400, Gareth Pugh2014 spring and summer womens collection at Paris Fashion Week officially released. This season Gareth Pugh completely detached from the earths aesthetic, to create a bunch of Mars loaded. PVC material corset, having a flamboyant purple ostrich feather headdress, college futuristic sci-fi style. This season seems to be only also weird costumes banshee and alien creatures could be tamed. The finish with the complete show,Short UGG Boots, Gareth Pugh wearing that red T-shirt look,Cheap UGG Boots, the physique of the slogans are mind popping!

I also want to know it

+ Reply to Thread