welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How To: Get the 'iOS 86' theme on your idevice

Device
    iPhone 5

How To: Get the 'iOS 86' theme on your idevice

iOS 86.jpg
    Last week we showed you pictures of an awesome concept of what iOS would look like if it was made 25 years ago. Now, you donít have to just look at pictures. If you have a jailbroken idevice, you can experience iOS í86 for yourself!

Anton Repponenís concept has been brought to life by AR7 in the form of a jailbreak theme. Head inside for a step-by-step guide on how to go back in time with your iPhoneÖ

You have to add a repo to Cydia in order to download the theme, since it isnít available in the default repositories. The theme also doesnít come with a wallpaper, but weíll show you how to get the theme up and running perfectly.

Step 1: Open Cydia, go to Manage >> Edit >> Add, then add "http://repo.ithemes.it" (without the quotation marks) to your sources. Cydia will warn you that the repo contains copyrighted works, which we generally donít recommend, but this is the only place that we know of that has the theme.

Step 2: After installing the repo, search for ĎiOS 86í on Cydia and install it.

Step 3: Youíll then have to head over to Winterboard and activate the theme and re-spring your idevice. If you donít have Winterboard installed, youíll need to install it from Cydia.

Step 4: Last but not least, we recommend you download this white wallpaper to complete the look of the theme. The theme doesnít come with a wallpaper so youll need this to finish the look.

And thatís all folks! The theme isnít very complex and doesnít really add or change any other elements of the UI besides the home screen. It also doesnít support many icons outside of the stock ones. But, it still looks pretty darn cool.

Hopefully the theme will be updated in the future for even more cool additions. Check it out and let us know how you like it in the forums! You can also check out our Theme Browser for more awesome themes.

Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!
    archerdanny, Smitthy and vietux like this.

Device
    Iphone4/Samsung Infuse
    needs more icons

Device
    iPhone 4
    Wow... very thx..
    i'll try

Device
    Sprint iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by CheesyNutz View Post
    needs more icons
    +1 on the icons...

its realy good

Thanks a lot, it is amazing.

Thank you very much for the information.

Device
    IPhone 4
    i downloaded the theme to my iphone 4 it then prompted me to reboot device so i did now cydia wont open at all. did i do something wrong.

Fixed: i just rebooted it again and it all good again.
    Last edited by BigNate; 07-05-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Ive got 3gs ios 5.1.1, jailbroken. and winterboard, and installed ios 86. Ive selected it in the themes list in Winterboard. Sometimes i choose the other ones as well (i.e. translucent dock) and sometimes is just choose IOS 86, then respring. it doesnt come back as ios 86, it just comes back as how i had it last. when the other options are also chosen, those work, my background is dim, and the others. but it never seems to change over to ios 86. can someone please help? this screen is awesome. i guess they also just recently updated it.

sully

So after some tweaking, and with the help of turning on summerboard, i was able to make some of the icons change but were oversized drastically, and would cover up other icons. Is there anybody out there that could walk me through this. it seems that my phone should work. 3GS 5.1 jailbroke using redsn0w (most up to date). have winterboard, and file checked on. is there anything i can do? this theme screams get me! i want to. help! please!

sully

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast