welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to unlock verizon iphone 4 nam settings

how to unlock verizon iphone 4 nam settings

I have a verizon iphone 4. i already have it jailbroken with greenpois0n and cydia installed. i updated it to 4.2.6 with the .ispw file. I have activated the esn on my carrier (not verizon). Calling and txt messages work but no data (which i knew would happen). my question is how do i "unlock" or "flash" the NAM settings to allow this to work in my carrier. i have all the settings i need from my android rooted device, just need to know how to access them.....and no im not on sprint

i have the verizon iphone 4 too
    i was wondering how were u able to get your mdn and min written on the phone without anything?

i just had verizon change the esn on my number back to my old phone, then had my carrier add the iphone esn to my number, then dialed *22801 and did ota activation and it worked fine. but like i said the only thing that works is sms and voice. no data, which is why i need to know how to access nam settings, or "unlock" the phones settings w/ maybe a cydia app or something. i found a way to do it but only for gsm phones, i need to know how with a cdma phone

hi
    can you tell me how to activated the esn . about data : AN/AAA or CAVE setting

i need to know too,thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aston44820 View Post
    i just had verizon change the esn on my number back to my old phone, then had my carrier add the iphone esn to my number, then dialed *22801 and did ota activation and it worked fine. but like i said the only thing that works is sms and voice. no data, which is why i need to know how to access nam settings, or "unlock" the phones settings w/ maybe a cydia app or something. i found a way to do it but only for gsm phones, i need to know how with a cdma phone
    I'm curious how you got the MNC (mobile network code) and other network settings changed, as I haven't yet found a way to do that.
    It's more then just adding the ESN to another carrier, the phone has to know where to look...
    However, the data settings are a snap, jailbreak, edit the carrier.plst file, and add the boolean item "AllowEDGEEditing".

I posted a few screen shots at osx411
    Last edited by JWray; 02-15-2011 at 03:28 AM.

I simply called verizon and had them put my old phone on the plan. then called alltel tech support and had them change my personal phone numbers esn to the iphone. i didnt need to edit anything at all. just a *22801 and it activated OTA. i have no idea how to edit the carrier.plst file, and add the boolean item "AllowEDGEEditing. keep in mind im using cdma not gsm, so edge doesnt apply here. alltel uses a prl or 55001 and verizon uses 33001 so my iphone is looking for 33001 on alltel which it will never find is why i dont have data.

Interesting, I'm very surprised it did OTA activation with another carrier. I'll have to try that.

In any event, the allowedgeediting applies to both CDMA and gsm. It's just the "key" iOS uses to edit network data.

You'll have to jailbreak to change the data settings. There are some detailed tutorials floating around.

I posted some screen shots here:
    osx411 dot com/index.php?/topic/154-verizon-iphone/
    There is a similar guide here:
    modmyi dot com/forums/file-mods/722404-how-apn-carrier-mods.html
    Last edited by JWray; 02-15-2011 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Added links

thank you very much. I am interesting. hope to solve.

HI
    Can you tell me . "Calling and txt messages work " calling all tel NO. or special tel No.(for example 999). thank you. have a nice day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast