welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Push notification issue

Push notification issue

Hi all,
    I am using iPhone 3gs IOS 6.1.2 unlock with ultrasn0w. I am not getting push notification for any of my application like facebook, skype viber etc. after googling my problem I came to know that it is a problem related with push notification certificates issued by apple. I have been trying to install push doctor from cydia but all in vain.

There is also an alternate method but it is typical. Is here anyone who can issue certificates or any easy method to get certificates.

Device
    iPhone 4 & 3GS iOS 6.1.3 Old Boot fully untethered
    install iPusher from the normal app store to confirm if your push notifications are the problem.

then do this

1. Make sure your iPhone is already jailbroken and running on iOS 5 or iOS 6.

2. Install OpenSSH from Cydia.

3. Launch Cydia, then go to Manage > Edit >Sources, then add this repo:

http://repo.bingner.com

4. Look for SAM (Subscriber’s Artificial Module) and install it.

Download iTools or similar program. Go to Applications and remove the Setup.app folder. Reboot your iPhone and you will get to the Springboard.

5. If you installed iPusher app from the AppStore before, remove it right now.

6. Now go to Settings >SAM >Utilities, tap on BackupActivation and then Restore Activation. Your iPhone will respring.

If it doesn’t you will see the image below:

sam-activate-iphone.jpg

Do the following – go to Settings > SAM:

Choose Method > By Country and Carrier
    Choose Country and the Carrier of your iPhone
    Enter the appropriate SIM ID (try each one if there are multiples)
    Go back to Settings > SAM > Utilities and tap Attempt Activation (you need internet). Your iPhone will respring.
    Go to Settings > SAM > Utilities tap on BackupActivation and then Restore Activation. Your iPhone will respring again.
    Switch off your iPhone and turn it on again.

7. Once your iPhone has rebooted, plug your iPhone with data cable and sync it with iTunes.

8. Launch Appstore on your iPhone and install iPusher.

9. Now Switch off your iPhone and turn it on again. Once your iPhone has rebooted, plug your iPhone with data cable and sync it with iTunes again.

Now Launch iPusher app on your iPhone and then tap on”Test Push Notifications” button and it will displays the message “Yay, push notifications work fine”

Respected smokin house
    Thanks for help
    I have purchased certificates from pushfixer.com but I do not know how to install them. I copied them into keychains folder using ifunbox but nothing working. I will be grateful if you help me here.

2nd if I use SAM method then can I unlock my phone again because it is not factory unlocked. I unlocked it with ultrasn0w.

I am waiting for your reply.
    Thanks again

Device
    iPhone 4 & 3GS iOS 6.1.3 Old Boot fully untethered
    I am sorry I dont know about pushfixer or what to do with it. I did spot they have a support page with email contact.

Using the sam activation may unlock your baseband but it is a different method to do that (please post which baseband you have) but if you used ultrasn0w (like me) then I would use that to unlock your 3GS

+ Reply to Thread