welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Common issues and fixes with the evasi0n jailbreak

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen

Lightbulb Common issues and fixes with the evasi0n jailbreak

These are some of the most common problems I've came across by either myself or others on the evasi0n jailbreak.

1) The weather app doesn't work or the weather in LockInfo5/InteliScreenX doesn't work.
    Uninstall AppSync. It prevents the fix from working. You can install it again after the weather app works.
    Open up Cydia. Let it update. Install all the upgrades.
    Reboot the device.
    If it is still not fixed, you can try the fix here. Make sure you have AppSync uninstalled when you do this.
    There is also a patch that fixes this now regardless of AppSync being installed or not. Add this repo: cydia.angelxwind.net and install the Weather.app Fix for iOS 6

2) Springboard crashes every time I uninstall an app from the AppStore or Cydia
    CyDelete is causing this. It does not work with iOS6 as of yet. Uninstall it and respring.

3) You have icons stuck in waiting/installing like this.
    This seems to be caused by Bridge. Uninstalling it should fix it.

4) Thin gray line in lockscreen themes.
    Update Cydia. Search for Lockscreen Grey Line Fix

5) Cydia is suddenly tiny after rebooting
    Known tweaks that cause this issue are Deck, an old version of Transparency (please update it), and an old version of RetinaPad (please update it), and there are probably several others. Respringing is a temporary fix for this issue (it will make Cydia usable again), but unless you remove the incompatible tweak(s), you will get this problem again the next time you reboot your device. Winterboard and UIKit Tools do not cause this problem (they are fully compatible with iOS 6), but installing/updating them may cause you to reboot your device, which makes the incompatible tweak problem show up.
    Last edited by jennifur; 03-12-2013 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Added fix for the tiny Cydia bug.
    Emil.Kako likes this.

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    Has anyone else noticed you don't need cydelete anymore most the apps are removable now just like every other app.

Great info though thank you.
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Device
    iPhone 5
    great list, we should just use this thread and update it as we find more bugs/fixes
    Follow me on Twitter @ChasingEmil

Or Follow iPD on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

is anyone facing app sync with iTunes problem after upgrading to evasi0n 0.3-1 from 0.2-1? it stops iTunes app sync with iPhone.it gives error iTunes cannot sync... apps installed on the iPhone could not be determined. I daily update Apps in Itunes and then Sync with iphone and after updation to evasion 0.3-1 this problem came, until 0.2-3, this problem was not there. I restored from backup & rejailbreaked, and didnot upgrade the evasi0n 0.2-3 & problem gone.

I think OTA update prevention in Evasi0n 0.3.1, also prevent Sync of App with itunes as itunes can not determine apps installed in iphone

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    Stuck it
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

when i join same apps that return to menu i need to reboot phone
    or apple icone appear and work with safe mode i need to reeboot
    same help.?

Device
    iPhone 4S- jailbroken
    since jailbreaking my 4S, my device seems to have very little free memory, and as a result, when I open an app, it closes. I have disabled memory hogging tweaks, and kept everything to a minimum, but is still very slow, unresponsive and lacking memory.
    Going to restore in iTunes, then re jailbreak. Hopefully will help! anyone else having these issues?

hmm, can't restore through iTunes as it will update to 6.2, then I won't be able to jailbreak
    Last edited by 86dan; 02-24-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by 86dan View Post
    since jailbreaking my 4S, my device seems to have very little free memory, and as a result, when I open an app, it closes. I have disabled memory hogging tweaks, and kept everything to a minimum, but is still very slow, unresponsive and lacking memory.
    Going to restore in iTunes, then re jailbreak. Hopefully will help! anyone else having these issues?

hmm, can't restore through iTunes as it will update to 6.2, then I won't be able to jailbreak
    The Envasi0n jailbreak works from iOS 6.0 to 6.1.2, no word on if it'll work with 6.1.3.

Post what apps/tweaks you have installed. There might be a conflict somewhere.

Device
    iPhone 4S- jailbroken
    currently, I have these installed-

BatteryInfoLite
    Springtomize2
    Barrel
    iCleaner
    BytaFont
    Bridge
    SBSettings
    Activator
    %hook's law
    AndroidLock XT
    AppCent
    BlurriedNCBackground
    IconBounce
    IconRenamer
    KillBackground
    PasswordPilot
    Slider Pro Settings
    Torch
    WinterBoard (with iOS6 Colorful Statusbar enabled)

Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast