welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How to: Jailbreak iOS 6.0.1, 6.0.2, and 6.1 using Evasi0n

Device
    iPhone 5

How to: Jailbreak iOS 6.0.1, 6.0.2, and 6.1 using Evasi0n

EDIT: Links updated to evasi0n v1.4

It’s finally here folks! The moment we’ve all been waiting so patiently for has arrived: the iOS 6 untethered jailbreak has just been released the Evasi0n tool is ready to be downloaded! Head inside for the full step-by-step guide on how to jailbreak your idevice on iOS 6.0.1, 6.0.2, and 6.1 using Evasi0n:

How to jailbreak your idevice using Evasi0n:
    Note: If you have a passcode set on your idevice, you must disable it first.

Step 1: Download the Evasi0n jailbreak tool here (Mac - Windows - Linux)

Step 2: Run the Evasi0n tool.

Step 3: Connect your idevice to your computer running Evasi0n, and make sure that the jailbreak tool correctly detects the exact device that you connect. You will also need to make sure that your device is turned on and in the homescreen. You will not need to enter DFU mode at all.

Step 4: The jailbreak tool will tell you to unlock your idevice and tap the new "jailbreak" icon on your homescreen. Tap it just once and let the jailbreak continue.

Step 5: Click Jailbreak and let it complete. Your device will look like it’s restoring, this is normal.

Step 6: After the process is complete, Evasi0n will give you an alert saying that you’re all done! You can now unplug your device. Congratulations, your idevice is now jailbroken!
    Last edited by Emil.Kako; 02-20-2013 at 05:10 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter @ChasingEmil

Or Follow iPD on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Device
    iPhone 4
    I have a locked iPhone 4, which needs to be activated if factory restored. I cannot use evasi0n since it requires the phone to be activated. I've used redsnow to bypass activation and now I'm thinking of using evasi0n over a jailbroken 6.1 tethered phone, even though the devs do not recommend it. Should I?

Thanks for "How to"..

ok i am on an iphone 4 jailbroken{redsnow} with ios6.0 and want to update to 6.1 so how wwould i go about doing this? from update to re jailbreaking the 6.1 version..... any help is appriciated as i am a neeb to the iphone thing......

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn6582 View Post
    ok i am on an iphone 4 jailbroken{redsnow} with ios6.0 and want to update to 6.1 so how wwould i go about doing this? from update to re jailbreaking the 6.1 version..... any help is appriciated as i am a neeb to the iphone thing......
    Just update to iOS 6.1 and than use this guide to rejailbreak. You may have to do a factory reset before updating to iOS 6.1.

Also make sure to back up your phone first

Or Follow iPD on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

All went well, but I just noticed the Facebook app now only works with 3G, it gives a "network error" when wifi is on. Anybody else experiencing this? I uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn't help.

EDIT - never mind. I just found out the WIFI network I was on has Facebook blacklisted. On my home WIFI it works fine.
    Last edited by mbartels; 02-06-2013 at 10:11 AM.

thank you i will try this after while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil.Kako View Post
    Just update to iOS 6.1 and than use this guide to rejailbreak. You may have to do a factory reset before updating to iOS 6.1.

Also make sure to back up your phone first

Device
    iPhone 5
    Updated links to evasi0n v1.1

Hi
    Thanks for the heads up. Just jailbroke my iPhone 4s IOS 6.1 using Evasion, great job was able to
    reload all my previous purchases from Cydia with updates for 6.1 with no problems.

Stransky

Device
    iPhone 5
    evasi0n links updated to v1.2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast