welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How to: Jailbreak iOS 6.0.1, 6.0.2, and 6.1 using Evasi0n

If you are trying to jailbreak on a domain (I'm at work) you need to create a local account and open up as a different user. Now I'm facing a different issue, i noticed that the OS 6.1.2 is supported on the main page of the jailbreak team website, but yet, when I open the program and connect my phone running 6.1.2 it says that my OS is not supported? what the hell...

Edit: I think I might have jumped the gun and after the restore from itunes I did a restore backup before jailbreak and i think I was supposed to jailbreak before restoring backup.. wait one... Yea still tell me that the OS is not supported.

Edit: Needed the new evasi0n 1.4
    Last edited by jcote258; 02-20-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jcote258 View Post
    If you are trying to jailbreak on a domain (I'm at work) you need to create a local account and open up as a different user. Now I'm facing a different issue, i noticed that the OS 6.1.2 is supported on the main page of the jailbreak team website, but yet, when I open the program and connect my phone running 6.1.2 it says that my OS is not supported? what the hell...

Edit: I think I might have jumped the gun and after the restore from itunes I did a restore backup before jailbreak and i think I was supposed to jailbreak before restoring backup.. wait one... Yea still tell me that the OS is not supported.

Edit: Needed the new evasi0n 1.4
    Yep, forgot to update links yesterday. Updated now though
    Follow me on Twitter @ChasingEmil

Or Follow iPD on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Hi, so I am using an iPhone 3GS on ios 5.01 right now. I am on an unofficial carrier and have unlocked with ultrasn0w using baseband 06.15 ..

A few questions.

Does the ultrasn0w unlock still work with ios 6.1?

is the iPad baseband a problem?

Is the performance on an 3gs better or worse than ios 5 (its terrible on 5)?

There is a full google maps app for ios 6 right?^^

Thanks.

Thanks for evasi0n links I would like to try once

I am sort of an Android guy and a long time XDA member but I just bought an iPhone 3GS to use for a while to help me decide if I want to switch when my contract expires in a couple of months. So far I really like it.

Anyway, my new used phone is factory unlocked according to the seller and I use it with t-mobile. Do I need to worry that using evasi0n is going to mess up the baseband?

Sorry for the noob question but I can't find the exact answer I am trying to find.

You don't have to worry about it! I too am an android power user and as well have a 3gs that is factory unlocked and I used the evasion jailbreak and kept the unlock and get 3g and everything on t mobile!

Sent from outer space with the power of ANDROID! ^_^
    richdaley likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mon5trum View Post
    You don't have to worry about it! I too am an android power user and as well have a 3gs that is factory unlocked and I used the evasion jailbreak and kept the unlock and get 3g and everything on t mobile!

Sent from outer space with the power of ANDROID! ^_^
    Thank you so much! I can't wait to try it. I hope I get 3G coverage in my area. I live outside of Philly but I haven't tried it there yet. Philly is on the list for t-mobile 3G coverage for iPhone. So far I have been on Edge out in the boonies where I work.

I never thought I would switch from Android but it is not as much fun as it used to be because it works so much better now. I figured as long as I am going to just have a phone that works as it should anyway, I might as well try iPhone.

Edit: You were correct. Jailbreak complete and BB still intact. I have read so many different complicated tutorials, I was shocked that it wasn't more complicated. Now I am not sure what to do with my newly jailbroken phone.
    Last edited by richdaley; 03-05-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Hi
    I have a 3gs with new boot rom (359.3.2), ios 4.1 (8B117) Modem Firmware 06.15.00. It was unlocked using limera1n & cydia 2 years back by one of my friend. I am very new for these up-gradations and unlock jargon.
    Q1. Can I upgrade it to iOS 6.0.1, 6.0.2, and 6.1 and unlock / jailbreak safely.
    Q2. How to upgrade it and to which version.
    Q3. How to unlock.

Best Regards
    Raj

Update:
    I upgraded my 3gs with new boot rom (359.3.2), ios 4.1 (8B117) Modem Firmware 06.15.00 using iTunes. Now its on (6.1.2 new BR, 06.15.00). Now its not able to open getting page for Activating your iPhone.
    Please help
    I am stucked with no clues.
    Best Regards
    Raj

So version 1.4 jailbreaks iPhone 5 IOS-6.1.2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast