welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyway to permanently erase data from iphone?

Anyway to permanently erase data from iphone?

Anyway to do it? lyk even with data recovery software or watever, the data cannot be recovered,possible?

Install iErase from the App Store.

Device
    Desire Z
    Settings>About>Erase Data

It might be different but something similar

Otherwise restore the device in iTunes and do not sync or restore from a backup
    MacaronyMax

Quote Originally Posted by MacaronyMax View Post
    Settings>About>Erase Data

It might be different but something similar

Otherwise restore the device in iTunes and do not sync or restore from a backup
    Actually it's Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

However, it's been discovered that even a restore does not erase some personal information on the iPhone. Even an Erase would not change that.

Here's a link to an article.
    Refurbished iPhones may contain other users' personal data

Yes, i know that there are certain tools can do that, such as iPhone Data Eraser(iphonedataeraser.com), which allows you to wipe your data without leaving anything!
    Last edited by sandraalan; 10-29-2013 at 02:48 AM.

I found the hard way that just because you wiped your iPhone's data doesn't mean that everything linking you to the phone has been removed. There are some apps that may still be linked based on your phone's unique hardware ID. I sold an old iPhone to a friend of mine and completely wiped my data using the method above; however, he informed me that my Pandora account was still linked as he was seeing all of the Pandora channels I had created. He said that the same was true for several other apps as well, just learn how to erase iPhone text messages, contacts.
    Last edited by Kateasaly; 10-31-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Red face How to Delete iPhone Data Permanently

Quote Originally Posted by baz00ka View Post
    Anyway to do it? lyk even with data recovery software or watever, the data cannot be recovered,possible?
    Usually, there are 2 ways that you can use to do so. One is to use the default erase setting built in iOS, and the other way is to use a third-party data eraser. For the sake of saving your privacy, you’re suggested to use the second way. Here my recommendation is a data eraser named iPhone Data Eraser, which can erase all data including contacts, messages, call history, apps, system setting, photo, video, keyboard cache, safari bookmark. Indeed, iPhone Data Eraser worth trusting and it makes the work more effective. you can delete iPhone data permanently.
    Last edited by eunicew; 11-21-2013 at 05:10 AM.

I will try iErase. Thanks.

As I know, there are some iPhone data eraser software can probably erase data permanently, which can erase the iPhone data permanently without restoring by other data recovery software, nothing can be recoverable.
    You can get more details at this tutorial: How to Delete Everything on iPhone Permanently

Read more: how to permanently erase data from iPhone
    Last edited by sweetcyl; 01-03-2016 at 02:45 AM.

Tenorshare iPhone care pro has a great finction that it can help iPhone users permanently delere files from iPhone.(Permanently Delete Messages, Apps, Contacts, Photos, etc. from iPhone, iPad and iPod)
    Tenorshare Software Official Website - iOS Data Recovery, Data Rescue, PDF and Video Tools

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast