welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to get past the lock screen of an Iphone4 without losing data?

Question How to get past the lock screen of an Iphone4 without losing data?

I just ran into a funny situation, my wife playing a joke on me changed the lock screen password on my iphone 4 and is very reluctant in telling me what it is..... I know how to get around it using itunes but I will lose all of my data... I want to keep my data as it's not backed up anywhere... is there a way around the lock screen?
    Thanks in advance

Device
    iPhone 4
    No

10char

what does "No 10char" mean?

it was a 4digit pin pass and from the screen i think it is still a 4digit pin

Device
    iPhone 4
    The only way to get past it is to either find out the passcode or do a DFU mode restore, which wipes the phone

10char is just to get past the 10 character minimum for a post

Talking I did it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tehh4ck3r View Post
    The only way to get past it is to either find out the passcode or do a DFU mode restore, which wipes the phone

10char is just to get past the 10 character minimum for a post
    I figured out how to do it without losing any information. I did a brute force on the key store and retrieved the password. It took me about 20 minutes to break the 4 digit pin but I did it. I feel like an idiot my wife set the code to 1234, I never even tried something that simple. I had tried too many passwords so I had to undo the iphone disabled message, that was the real hard part. If i just hadn't tried any passwords I would have done this in only 20 mins.

Thanks for everyone's support.

BTW I transferred my account over from XDA devs, it's saddening that my stats didn't transfer with me....
    Last edited by whitmerray; 07-17-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Im not a No0b

For future reference there is a method to extract the lock code but it does require the device to be jailbroken and SSH. Then using ifunbox you can extract the lock code and convert it to a readable state. It's time consuming but it's not impossible.

Device
    iPhone 4
    Quote Originally Posted by whitmerray View Post
    I figured out how to do it without losing any information. I did a brute force on the key store and retrieved the password. It took me about 20 minutes to break the 4 digit pin but I did it. I feel like an idiot my wife set the code to 1234, I never even tried something that simple. I had tried too many passwords so I had to undo the iphone disabled message, that was the real hard part. If i just hadn't tried any passwords I would have done this in only 20 mins.

Thanks for everyone's support.

BTW I transferred my account over from XDA devs, it's saddening that my stats didn't transfer with me....
    Bro pls elaborate on ur method as i am stuck in a same situation with my iphone4

Try on 'cydia' maybe you can get it from there...

Device
    iPhone 4
    I have a strange situation, and please forgive me as I am extremely new to iPhone entirely, but ... i found a Verizon iPhone4 on the side of the road a few weeks ago and I've gotten in touch with the rightful owner of the completely destroyed device and offered to return it to him. however he advised me that he would like his pictures off of the device but did not know how to go about it. After several attempts to do so previously and failing every time without a passcode I gave up. Finally the rightful owner gave me the passcode, but with the phones screen gone and the phone being in multiple pieces I need to know how to enter said passcode alternately. no screen, home button, or power button available. only funtioning buttons are the silence switch and vol (+-). Any help from experienced individuals such as yourselves would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I did try pulling the logic board out of the destroyed phone and put it into my functional phone at a risk but the touchscreen digitizer did not respond at all. Need access to this thing ASAP, thanx everybody.

+ Reply to Thread