welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Put Verizon PRL on my Sprint Iphone 4s, Blazing Speeds now, Will Sprint Find out ?

Device
    Iphone 4S
    It is no good to post something with out sharing how you did it.

We Need to know how you did it.
    Last edited by adrien48; 07-07-2012 at 11:56 AM.

i got terminted from sprint for doing this on my evo :)

i got reminted from sprint while doing this with the htc evo 4g because sprint simply did not cover my house! but all in all it worked for me i switched to ATT which has great 3g speed on their iphone compared to sprints horrible service thats how i ended up with an iphone here so all in all its no biggie yes they do terminate you and your whole! contract with anyone on it will have to switch companies as well ..... other then the unlimted very slow internet att is about the same better coverage now my house is full bars it wasnt under verizon or sprint or tmobile only att and metro covered my house so it wasnt a tough choice and the unlimted mobile to mobile is GREAT!

sincerly

A former sprint customer for 6 years before termination

please help! someone know if this work while im in puerto rico i try it to do it but my iphone ends up with not service since we dont have verizon here and sprint use another company for roaming i don t know if i need to install the correct prl depending the carrier. sprint its to slow here i would pay to anybody that help me with this $$$$

Roaming costs Sprint (and other carriers as well) tons of money. Sprint has to pay Verizon for that service that you are using--and it ain't cheap. They won't keep footing the bill for you if you're mostly or always roaming.

In Sprint's case, if you are above 800min or above 300mb per month they can do two things: 1) terminate your contract without notice 2) Invoice you for the roaming charges 30-60 days after you start going over your roaming caps.

The first, however, may work out well for you considering you get limited service in your area. Maybe not the second, unless you fancy paying out the a**.
    Last edited by 1work4sprint; 07-17-2012 at 08:09 PM.

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by atadres View Post
    i got reminted from sprint while doing this with the htc evo 4g because sprint simply did not cover my house! but all in all it worked for me i switched to ATT which has great 3g speed on their iphone compared to sprints horrible service thats how i ended up with an iphone here so all in all its no biggie yes they do terminate you and your whole! contract with anyone on it will have to switch companies as well ..... other then the unlimted very slow internet att is about the same better coverage now my house is full bars it wasnt under verizon or sprint or tmobile only att and metro covered my house so it wasnt a tough choice and the unlimted mobile to mobile is GREAT!

sincerly

A former sprint customer for 6 years before termination
    I recently loaded a custom PRL and I'm getting AT&T speeds. I was so frustrated with Sprint speeds. My wife is mad because my stuff loads faster now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergionson View Post
    I recently loaded a custom PRL and I'm getting AT&T speeds. I was so frustrated with Sprint speeds. My wife is mad because my stuff loads faster now lol.
    Wich prl did you use can you upload it please im been trying diferent ones but no one work

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by realdeal12 View Post
    Wich prl did you use can you upload it please im been trying diferent ones but no one work
    Sure, I will try to post it as soon as I find it on my PC again. However, I do WARN you that once you load this PRL, the iPhone will not work the same. It is one of those things...

Sure, I will try to post it as soon as I find it on my PC again. However, I do WARN you that once you load this PRL, the iPhone will not work the same. It is one of those things...
    Whats the diferent ? Also you have better data speed ? This is all i want

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by realdeal12 View Post
    Whats the diferent ? Also you have better data speed ? This is all i want
    Well, the difference is the FaceTime and or the iMessage will not work properly. But the data speeds have increased to almost 3.0/mbps down / 1.50/mpbs up. The Sprint logo on the top left corner will no longer be there and I believe all data used will be considered "roaming" which if you look online at your account they say "used 0/kbps of /unlimited" which is a lie.

As per Sprint TOS:

"Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. You can monitor usage online through My Account. Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move outside of the Sprint owned-network."

According to them when you signed the 2yr agreement, you agreed not to roam over 300mbs. However, I've read several posts from people with Sprint who have had them for 5+ years and they've always roamed, BUT it's due to the fact that the Sprint service is not yet available 100% in their specific area and are allowed to do so. By modifying the PRL you will incur roaming data and are subject to be terminated by Sprint and/or be terminated and asked to pay the ETF's + roaming charges.

Below is the link to another post explaining how to do so.

Force Roam Sprint iPhone on Verizon (Jailbreak required) (helps data speed issue)

Also use this:

Quote Originally Posted by MasM123 View Post
    Ok so I've tried for over a week now to change my prl file on my 4s running 5.1.1 and FINALLY got it to work. For those having issues here's what I did. Hope this helps!

First, if possible, dial ##update# to revert back to sprint prl. Make sure data and voice roaming are both ON.

Use ifile and and turn on pushprlflag in both sprint carrier bundles. It's located in carrier.plist. Open using property list viewer. Be sure to back out of the file.

Turn the phone off normally, then turn it back on. Once it boots it will say "searching", then "no service". Once you see the no service message open iFile, locate the prl file you want to update to, select edit, select the file, click the clipboard in lower right corner, then select copy/link. (Be sure the file is renamed as carrier.prl and that the c in carrier is lowercase.

Go back to the carrier bundle and paste the new prl in both bundles. Select overwrite all on the popup menu.

Wait about 60 seconds then go back into the sprint_us bundle only and turn off pushprlflag. Back out of the file then turn off the phone normally, than back on.

And that's it!! It may take a minute to get signal. I remember on a few prl files I had to toggle roaming off then back on before my phone found a signal. If anything needs to be clarifyed feel free to let me know!!
    Let me know if you are ready to take the next step.

Well, the difference is the FaceTime and or the iMessage will not work properly. But the data speeds have increased to almost 3.0/mbps down / 1.50/mpbs up. The Sprint logo on the top left corner will no longer be there and I believe all data used will be considered "roaming" which if you look online at your account they say "used 0/kbps of /unlimited" which is a lie.

As per Sprint TOS:

"Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes. The display on your device may not always be on and will not indicate whether you will incur roaming charges. You can monitor usage online through My Account. Roaming is not available with single-band phones, or to customers who reside or whose primary use is outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may limit or terminate service if you move outside of the Sprint owned-network."

According to them when you signed the 2yr agreement, you agreed not to roam over 300mbs. However, I've read several posts from people with Sprint who have had them for 5+ years and they've always roamed, BUT it's due to the fact that the Sprint service is not yet available 100% in their specific area and are allowed to do so. By modifying the PRL you will incur roaming data and are subject to be terminated by Sprint and/or be terminated and asked to pay the ETF's + roaming charges.

Below is the link to another post explaining how to do so.

Force Roam Sprint iPhone on Verizon (Jailbreak required) (helps data speed issue)

Also use this:

Let me know if you are ready to take the next step.
    Yes Im ready ! Actually i have change my prl couple times but my speed data still the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast