welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unlock and jailbreak iPhone 4S Sprint

Unlock and jailbreak iPhone 4S Sprint

Hi ya all I am new here , Just bought the Gevey Ultra S GSM WCDMA & CDMA from Ebay . I used it and did a Jailbreak but never opened my iPhone. I did step by step instructions and it said that your iPhone is Unlocked , Did a Jail Brake at absinthe-mac and worked fine but my iPhone still doesn't work when you bout a sim card it says use the card that supports this iPhone which is Sprint . What can I do to unlock it and go to a deferent company with a prepaid .
    Regards

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    The Gevey unlock is for gsm networks just put in the sim along with the Gevey sim
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Mine is CDMA I did and nothing worked. I am going to return the Gevey I bought on Ebay maybe it is fake ? Not sure the seller said that he sold over 500 and they all worked. Mine did not work I did the Jailbreak and unlock but zip nothing.

Are you trying to use your CDMA iP4s on another CDMA carrier or do you want to use it with a GSM carrier? The Gevey SIM interposer only enables the GSM to work with your choice of GSM networks. If you want to take your CDMA phone to say Cricket, that's a different animal and is covered here

Ok what do i have to do? Buy a Cricket sim card and the $55.00 prepaid unlimited calls etc... install it in my phone and do what the guy is showing on that Video and flush it and my phone will work for sure? Please advice since i already paid a lots of money and this Sprint phone won't work with anything I am trying it keeps showing my Sprint old number by as carrier i have on the settings not available.

It would help a lot if we knew what carrier you were moving to. If it's a GSM carrier, then jailbreak and Gevey should get you going. If you're moving to a different CDMA carrier you'll need to reprovision it via a flash described in the like I posted. They are two very different processes that are mutually exclusive. Jailbreak/Gevey for GSM or flash it to get it to work on the CDMA carrier.

I have never flashed an iPhone to provision it for a different CDMA carrier so can't really give any advice or direction other than point to the guide. I'm sorry I can't help more but I would rather point you over there than give you bad info. Good luck.

If i use it with SIMPLE MOBILE what do i need to do ? It is GSM or CDMA ? How can I make it work with Simple Mobile?

Device
    iPhone 5S, iPad mini, iPhone 4S, Droid X2
    Simple Mobile is with SIM card, GSM.
    http://www.mysimplemobile.com/simple-mobile-faqs.aspx

google is your friend 😃

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Google it, Google it, GOOGLE IT!

If you are not willing to put some effort to it
    by searching it and researching it,
    then, obviously you don't need the info.

+ Reply to Thread