welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iphone 4S and SHSH Blobs and IPSW Signing

Question Iphone 4S and SHSH Blobs and IPSW Signing

Hi all!

I have one question, i own a Iphone 4S with 5.0.1 and i want to make a clean restore to 5.0.1

I know if i make a restore from iTunes ill go strait to 5.1, and i read somewhere that the 5.0.1 window is closed.

I found this tutorial idownloadblog.com/2012/01/05/how-to-permanently-preserve-your-ios-5-0-1-untethered-jailbreak

Is possible to make this ? I think i saved the SHSH from my device to Cydia, or maybe pulling the SHSH with Tinyumbrella from my device now.

Im new in Iphone world, and the things are starting to make some sense to me, but in this specific question i have some doubts, if anyone can give some explanation about this ill appreciate.

Thanks

Device
    iPhone 5 32GB
    You would have to update to 5.1. You can't yet downgrade/restore even with SHSH blobs on A5 devices.
    Let me know I helped by hitting the like button!

Ask me about my private themes repo!

Follow me and iPD on Twitter!

If you have a question for me, please use the visitor messages on my profile or Twitter instead of sending PMs, thank you(:

hum.. i see .. the problem is the A5 devices, so .. even if i saved the SHSH blobs before the 5.1 update, theres no way to use it on A5 devices,

The limitation to use this trick is on this devices, not because theres already a new update out there

One more question, what is the closest thing to a restore / wipe that i can do in the Iphone ?

Delete all apps, Delete all cydia packages that i installed, deleting what i added manually ?

I say this because, last month, i installed, tryed, so many apps, and packages, fixes, etc, that my iphone is much slower, even after i made a manual clean, and some apps, for example facebook dont work correctly.

So that was the main reason for a restore, to clean and start over, now that i tested what i wanted.

I searched for a cydia wipe tool, or something but i cant find anything, the only solution that i found is to delete everything mannualy.

In a near future, i say when 5.1 is available and ready for jailbreak, is there any solution / trick, to backup a fresh system, and when i have problems, restore it fresh ?

I see this SHSH blobs is a nice thing, and answers my previous question, but if is not supported in A5 devices, some alternatives ? Or similar tricks ?

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by ruizit0; 04-19-2012 at 05:32 AM.

Device
    iPhone 5 32GB
    Alternatives or tricks for what?
    Let me know I helped by hitting the like button!

Ask me about my private themes repo!

Follow me and iPD on Twitter!

If you have a question for me, please use the visitor messages on my profile or Twitter instead of sending PMs, thank you(:

Device
    iPhone 4
    He wants to restore to a clean 5.0.1, but that's not possible with an A5 device.

yap thats the point .. or at least clear the device .. if i re-jailbreak it will clean the cydia installed packages ?

i say this because i installed so many packages, fixes, tweaks, etc.. that is almost impossible to delete everything manualy lol :\

Device
    iPhone 4
    You will have to delete all packages manually, that will be the only way to do this. But first you should uninstall "MobileSubstrate" since a lot of packages, tweaks, etc. depend on it and if you uninstall it packages depending on it will automatically uninstall

+ Reply to Thread