welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [Tutorial][FIX RECOVERY LOOP] [ERROR 1015 in iTunes][iPhone 3G Fix]

Device
    AT&T Galaxy S 2

[Tutorial][FIX RECOVERY LOOP] [ERROR 1015 in iTunes][iPhone 3G Fix]

If your reading this it must mean your stuck on the infamous recovery loop on your iPhone 3G[Fix is for 3G not 3GS] or your trying to restore with iTunes and your getting unknown Error 1015 it probably means your iPhone was carrier unlock and you tried to update using iTunes. Well there is good news as i have research this up after various attempts try to do exactly that fix this restore error. anyway on to the tutorial...
    this tutorial is base on windows 7 64-bit with iTunes 10.5.3.3 64-bit

Please Read carefully. As always i'm only providing this information as help. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE...

Things you'll need.

- iPhone 3G Stuck on Recovery Loop[Connect to iTunes Screen] or iTunes unknown Error 1015
    - An iPhone data cable[30 Pin dock connector to USB]
    - sn0wbreeze-v2.9.1 DOWNLOAD from: ih8sn0w . com
    ih8sn0w dot com
    -iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore DOWNLOAD from: felixbruns . de / iPod / firmware /
    felixbruns dot de forward-slash ipod forward-slash firmware forward-slash
    - As of this article you need the latest iTunes 10.5.3.3 on Windows 7
    [should not really matter if your using 32-bit or 64-bit or even if the iTunes is a new version]
    - An AT&T SIM card[US Variant only] or Your SIM card for the lock carrier on your iPhone 3G.

1. Try to restore your iPhone 3G with iTunes normally you might not need to go thru a headache. if you tried this already move on to step Two.

2. Download the files above from the url's. make sure there are the correct files and Proceed to step Three.

3. Plug your iPhone 3G to the computer. Power on iPhone 3G and open iTunes once your see that your iPhone is Recognized in iTunes proceed to step Four.

4. Extract snowbreeze + iPhone Restore on to the desktop or your preferred location and Proceed to step Five.

5. With your phone on the connect to iTunes Screen open Snow breeze[You will get a prompt on windows vista and windows 7 just click yes] and proceed to step Six.

6. Follow prompts on snowbreeze program and click the blue arrow at bottom right corner. go on to step Seven.

7. At this point snowbreeze will ask you for the ipsw or firmware location to click on browse and navigate to the location of the iPhone1,2_4.2.1_8C148_Restore. Go on to Step Eight.

8. You will get
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1 (8C148) IPSW Verified! Move on to step Nine.

9. Click the blue next arrow.. and go on to Ten.

10. You will see three modes available to you SIMPLE MODE, EXPERT MODE, and Baseband Preservation Mode. Choose Simple Mode and Go on to step Eleven.

11. You will see a prompt that askes you: Do you want to activate your iPhone?[if you are on a carrier other then the one your iPhone is lock 2 say yes if not say no] we will activate this later with iTunes and a sim card for the carrier your iPhone is lock 2. Move on to step Twelve.

12. Now we wait and play pacman.
    Good way to kill time. [let it do it thing until you get a prompt] and move on to step thirteen.

13. OK after your down start the click on pwnage tool in or greenpois0n inside snowbreeze and follow prompt to get your phone in DFU Pwner mode once down move on to step fourteen.

14. You'll get a prompt telling you what to do with iTunes follow it. it will say: Your device is now in PWNED DFU state (black ccreen). You may now launch iTunes and do SHIFT + Restore to the custom Sn0wbreeze IPSW located on your desktop!
    click OK and move on to step Fifthteen.

15. Close Snowbreeze and open iTunes as instructed. you will get message iTunes has detected and Iphone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone Before it can be used with iTunes. Click ok and Hit SHIFT and hold on keyboard while at the same time clicking restore and navigate to the file on destop that snowbreeze just created for me it sn0wbreeze_iPhone_3G-4.2.1-8C148 click ok and wait for the magic. if you selected to activate your should be down just stick your unofficial sim inside and your done. if you said no you will get a lock screen with the connect to itunes screen, move on to step Sixteen.

16. so you have the connect to iTunes screen with a slider your ok no problem unless your have a unofficial sim i.e. T-Mobile in the US instead of AT&T, If that the case follow from step 2 and up until you get to the part about activating and say yes on step Eleven. if that not you go to step Seventeen.

17. Insert your official carrier activated SIM Plug into your computer and your set, it should activate your AT&T service with your phone jail-broken and fully functional.

Will thats all if you have other method for the people go through these errors please fell free to leave a comment.
    I hope this helps and also hope you guys enjoyed my first tutorial.

snowbreeze is not my creation. i just used the resources at my disposal and followed various ideas by other members of this forum and though I would organize it in a tutorial. Actually i don't even own a iPhone i had to find this fix for a customer that needed his iPhone 3G up and working.

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    Good tut but you sorta took the long way around, if your resorting to sn0wbreeze likely has an iPad baseband which would like cause your boot loop after the iTunes error and an attempt to kick out of recovery.

Also I don't think it was in your post but you gotta download ultrasn0w for the unlock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Device
    AT&T Galaxy S 2
    Thanks and nice to know about ultrasn0w.

Device
    Oh ya it's ok to add links just wrap them in [code] I personally prefer this since makes everything feel cleaner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Ok guys yes I'm new to the IOS forum but not new to hacking. First off your tutorial is the most detailed and has at least brought the device i'm working on somewhat back to life. I have followed every step to the tee. However I'm stuck on Step 15. The phone will not move on past this. First "Shift + Restore" in Itunes brought up error code 1600, second try error 1604, Also when Itunes says "Preparing Iphone for Restore" there is no action on the device. The device is detected by the computer and Itunes. In the version box on Itunes "Itunes is restoring the software on this Phone".

Stuck!

Device
    Make sure your Pwning the device properly use the latest redsn0w if that don't work try ireb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by joshuaburnsjr View Post
    Ok guys yes I'm new to the IOS forum but not new to hacking. First off your tutorial is the most detailed and has at least brought the device i'm working on somewhat back to life. I have followed every step to the tee. However I'm stuck on Step 15. The phone will not move on past this. First "Shift + Restore" in Itunes brought up error code 1600, second try error 1604, Also when Itunes says "Preparing Iphone for Restore" there is no action on the device. The device is detected by the computer and Itunes. In the version box on Itunes "Itunes is restoring the software on this Phone".

Stuck!
    Yes , iphone fix is one great hard work those 15 steps are really good

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    witrigs . com

Smile

deaar dellot thank u thank u so much..... i was really in a fix followed ur solution... it really worked.....!!!!

Smile I want to kiss you!!!!!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for saving me from complete insanity and worse. After 3 long days and sleepless nights trying probably 30 other fixes found online, this is what finally took care of the problem and got my phone back up and running. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
    shashank` likes this.

download issue

no matter where i go, the download links that seem to point back to apple's website all lag out and i can not download any firmware. is there another route i can go to download it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast