welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone 4 ... NO SERVICE, NO WIFI 5.0.1

Iphone 4 ... NO SERVICE, NO WIFI 5.0.1

Hi guys.

Please help me out with this problem.

An Iphone 4, jailbroken previously, updated to 5.0.1 (normal itunes update), stuck at Itunes activation screen, SEARCHING for services.
    Itunes said there is no sim card installed. But the original sim/carrier is used.

Therefore I installed customised / by pass activation version of 5.0.1, but no service, no WIFI, no modem firmware, no IMEI.

Spent a couple of days searching for solution, but it seems iphone 3gs is solvable, not iphone 4.

Do you have any tricks that I could use. Thank you.

I am thinking of baseband problem, but how would you flash an iphone baseband only.

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    Just try restoring it again with the official IPSW put in DFU and restore, unless your trying to preserve the baseband in that case use sn0wbreeze to make a custom IPSW and restore.
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by J03Y4G View Post
    Just try restoring it again with the official IPSW put in DFU and restore, unless your trying to preserve the baseband in that case use sn0wbreeze to make a custom IPSW and restore.
    Thanks J03Y4G,

I did try that, best I could get to is where you select languages , locations... then plug in for activation etc. but then on status bar it says SEARCHING... and after awhile Itunes come up with no sim found msg.

I don't mind whatever baseband it's. The phone is unlocked. Does anyone know a way to flash baseband for iphone 4?
    Last edited by blackhawk1; 02-29-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Device
    Baseband is flashed whenever you apply the restore or update, you need to jailbreak the iPhone to hacktivate it and turn airplane mode on for a min then off sometimes that'll solve it.

What carrier is it for? Hook it up to iTunes to try and activate it, if that doesn't help there might be an internal problem as to why it wasn't restored properly usually if you restore and there's an issue iTunes will give you some sorta error code.

If you have the shsh blobs saved somewhere try downgrading the iOS to 5.0.
    Last edited by J03Y4G; 02-29-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

no luck so far. unable to retrieve anything b/c tinyumbrella can't even read data off the phone. ie. firmware etc

got snowbreeze hacktivated into ios but still no wifi , no imei, no modem , no bluetooth

Apparently, error -1 came on everytime I flash it with orginal 5.0.1 firmware. The process halted at about 80%.

Does anyone had experience with error -1 and have a way out? thanks.

----------
    Error -1

Error occurs when one uses the "last ditch" method for preventing baseband updates on the iPhone 4. The baseband does not get updated using this method. Use TinyUmbrella to kick it out of recovery mode.

Device
    From what I've seen around that error is a baseband corruption and there is no way to fix unless you can find a iPhone dev to somehow want to flash it for you or help for that matter.

If it is TinyUmbrella doing it which I doubt it's better to just restore it normally or restore with cutom IPSW.

Personally sounds like it somehow got bricked I would try and get it to working order and sell it as an iPod or scrap it for parts.

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk1 View Post
    The phone is unlocked. Does anyone know a way to flash baseband for iphone 4?
    How exactly was this unlock achieved? If your using the Gevey Sim remove it and try to restore.
    Last edited by J03Y4G; 03-01-2012 at 07:19 PM.

no, tinyumbrella never got involved the first time it had -1. the kid trying to updated to 5.0.1 because her music was playing up. then it got to activation screen but kept searching for services. I have tried to restore to but still the same error (on both PC and Mac).

Do you think the 5.1 coming up would be able to update the baseband ? Or is the baseband got locked and doesn't allow itunes to flash it hence error -1 ? I believe that the Iphone 4 and Ipad2 share the same baseband... I wonder if there is a tool to flash it.

Since I don't have blobs saved, tinyumbrella can't really help to force baseband update.

The phone bought as factory unlocked.
    Last edited by blackhawk1; 03-01-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Device
    5.1 will be coming out sometime this month if rumors hold true, hopefully that will give you your iPhone back.

Yah, fingers crossed.. thanks for your help J03Y4G.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast