welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak/unlock using these Custom ipsw files

Device
    iPhone 4, iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Note

iOS 5.0.1 jailbreak/unlock using these Custom ipsw files

Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 5.0.1 using these custom ipsw files:

Download iOS 5.0.1 custom ipsw files from here :

Please do not share the links directly only share the PDF file which contains the links this is to make it possible for the links to stay live for download as long as possible. Links that are directly put on a site are removed so hope you share the pdf file that contains the links only.

ACTIVATED =for official carrier users (who has SIM card from an official carrier) and
    UN-ACTIVATED
    who doesn’t have any SIM card from official carrier but different SIM card from a different network which don’t have any contract with apple before downloading read the instruction carefully on how to upgrade and use custom ipsw and then unlock your idevice.Before starting the jailbreak please make sure that you have read this. The benefit of custom ipsw is that when upgrading it doesn’t change the baseband which means that u can still unlock your idevice once you upgrade to iOS 5 using custom ipsw! If u have in anyway didn’t use custom ipsw and upgraded to iOS 5 then the baseband gets upgraded and you will lose your unlock forever!! So remember always use custom ipsw to upgrade to future iOS if you want or if u rely on unlock! So here are the steps you need to jailbreak and unlock your idevice (if u get errors make sure that you delete sauriks server from hosts file)

How to Upgrade:
    If you get error 3194
    then Delete sauriks server from hosts file in order to get rid of errors during upgrade. Open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and delete the following entry : 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    IFYOU GET ERROR 16xx :
    1- use pwangetool, redsn0w, iReb , snowbreeze to enter DFU mode
    2- delete sauriks server from hosts file and then also after that CLEAR the DNS cache
    4- After downloading and reading above step and understanding it then open iTunes (use newest iTunes 10.5 version)
    5- Connect idevice to iTunes and BACKUP!! Make sure that you backup!! Because when upgrading using custom ipsw you will lose all data so backup and then go to next step.

6- Now press SHIFT keyboard key + RESTORE button iTunes
    7- Browse to the custom iOS 5 ipsw file you have downloaded and start restore process

Please do not share the links directly only share the PDF file which contains the links this is to make it possible for the links to stay live for download as long as possible. Links that are directly put on a site are removed so hope you share the pdf file that contains the links only.
    ================================================== ========================
    Last edited by Mahmood; 01-25-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    flexi09 likes this.

did this method work even if i have the new baseband 04.11.08?

can't seem to download from filesonic, collarboratio file, need membership to download =\

Device
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusterboi View Post
    can't seem to download from filesonic, collarboratio file, need membership to download =\
    Yeah after the new filesonic updates they had missed with free download file size it was 1GB now they have solved it and made it back that free download file sizes are 1GB so u can download the files for free I hope! !

Device
    And just checked it they have repaired it now u can wait 30seconds and then download files free up to 1GB

hey i have problem after installing the custom ipsw for un-activated iphone 4g and im using gevey sim to unlock the mobile.
    so after jailbreak and every thing is ok and activated the phone and when im going to reboot my phone i have to use the i booty to start.
    and im installed Semi-Tethered as u said but it's not working with me when im reboot my phone i have to connect to the pc .
    and i installed the corona but it's not working too
    plz help me about this issue...

Device
    Quote Originally Posted by MaDa-Egy View Post
    hey i have problem after installing the custom ipsw for un-activated iphone 4g and im using gevey sim to unlock the mobile.
    so after jailbreak and every thing is ok and activated the phone and when im going to reboot my phone i have to use the i booty to start.
    and im installed Semi-Tethered as u said but it's not working with me when im reboot my phone i have to connect to the pc .
    and i installed the corona but it's not working too
    plz help me about this issue...
    download latest redsn0w and then make it untether and install ultrasn0w

thnx Mahmood about ur feedback.
    but ultrasn0w not supported with my BB my BB is 03.10.01
    i dont have any problem with the unlock im using gevey sim to unlock and it's working with me
    nw my problem that when im reboot my device some times work and boot without i booty and some times needs i booty to start
    so what i have to do
    thnx a lot mr

Im sure if you download the latest redsnow b3 version, you can simply run it over. Redsn0w jailbreaks like greenpois0n now, doesnt require you to have the firmware or anything and it wont update your baseband.

thanks for the posts mahhood, but i got impatient and made my own custom 5.0.1 with redsn0w. worked out perfectly and got siri port installed, but too bad there are little to no proxies available.

Hello now I have another problem with the mob battery it's going to empty very fast and I didn't use the mob Im losse 10% in 1 hour without using the mobile and I'm closed the 3G but I
    Still have the problem so what can I do tray another custom ipsw or what
    Plz help me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast