welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
Closed Thread

Thread: iPhone IMEI Clone?

iPhone IMEI Clone?

Hello awesome people from the developer community!

I am not a dev in the least... I consider myself a "Power User" if this category exists, so please forgive my question... it may be ignorant or naive!

Here's my dilemma:

I have an iPhone 4 and an HTC ThunderBolt. Which one is more awesome? I can't say.. they both kick absolute ass! That is why over the past few weeks I've been switching back and forth between them depending on my style (Silly? perhaps! Crazy? Perhaps Not!)

I have simply just been activating them on my account prior to use.

However, I heard that there is a way to clone the IMEI number of the HTC into the iPhone. that way they'll both have the same phone info and all I'll have to do is switch them on or off depending on which one I want to use!

Does this method in fact exist? If so, How do I do it?

Thank you everyone for your awesome wisdom!
    Last edited by rivox1; 08-30-2011 at 10:32 AM.

Cloning sim cards

Yes this is entirely possible , however the process of doing so is complicated , however it varies depending on how much you want to spend.
    if you are happy to spend, you can get a blank sim and the machine that clones the origional, hoever as you said, you would have to power them on and off depending on which you wish to use.
    google "sim cloner" and for help go on you tube.
    but to be honest it is easier to just interchange your Sim between both phones, just get a micro sim adapter

Quote Originally Posted by ox141jf View Post
    Yes this is entirely possible , however the process of doing so is complicated , however it varies depending on how much you want to spend.
    if you are happy to spend, you can get a blank sim and the machine that clones the origional, hoever as you said, you would have to power them on and off depending on which you wish to use.
    google "sim cloner" and for help go on you tube.
    but to be honest it is easier to just interchange your Sim between both phones, just get a micro sim adapter

Yes, thank you for that! That would work great, except my iPhone is for Verizon, just tike the ThunderBolt! Do you have any alternative for CDMA iPhone?

IMEI numbers are allocated to manufacturers to identify legitimate handsets and prevent their illegitimate use.All mobile phones have a unique electronic fingerprint, the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) code. I dont think its was cloning...

Quote Originally Posted by Aprils View Post
    IMEI numbers are allocated to manufacturers to identify legitimate handsets and prevent their illegitimate use.All mobile phones have a unique electronic fingerprint, the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) code. I dont think its was cloning...

I understand this, but my understanding is that this IMEI code can be changed on the iPhone... thus tricking Verizon into seeing both phones as 1 (depending on which one is turned on, or which one gets a ping from the cell tour first)

Forum Administrator NotATreoFan's Avatar
    Device
    Touch 4G + Droid Charge
    IMEI modification is highly illegal, and we cannot permit such discussion on iPD.

iPhone-Developers Forum Admin

Closed Thread