welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a problem while restoring to 4.1

a problem while restoring to 4.1

Hello all, please help me to continue restoring my iphone. I have an Iphone 4 with IOS 4.1 and baseband 1.59, but i have some problems on the IOS, and i want to restore it, i downloaded tinyumbrella and firmware 4.1
    i did all the steps in tinyumbrella, tss server, restoring while holding shift, selecting the file, i got the error, then kick the device (i have to restarted the pc in order to make the kick drvice from recovery mode).
    now my iphone have the itunes usb cable background with slid to make emergency call only, i cant log to the device at all, just emergancy call, what is going here, did i brick it, something wrong, can i fix it and how please?

Device
    iPad , ipod Touch 3G
    try to enter DFU mode and connect your ipod and install the firmware manually .

and you save your SHSH before installing the firmware 4.1?

Device
    Desire Z
    Plug it into iTunes and iTunes will probably tell you what's wrong . And it might let you restore so you can try again
    MacaronyMax

i dont have a saved shsh, i got my phone upgraded to 4.1.
    when i plug it to itunes, itunes will give me, this sim card is not compatible, and it will not detect the device, so no restore or backup buttons will appear in itunes.

now from what i know, i did a restore using the tss server from tiny umbrella, so i preserved my baseband to 1.59 and have installed the 4.1 firmware, i can confirm these readings from tinyumbrella now, when i open it, it give me all these infos.
    what i have now, is after i power on my device it will stuck on emergency call instead of login the device as ipod with no connectivity, what's going wrong here? i think even if i restore my phone with the new baseband that have no unlock, the device should enter properly and not enter the emergency call only panle, any help please?

Device
    iPad , ipod Touch 3G
    dfu mode is detected?

how do i know if dfu mode is detected?

Device
    iPad , ipod Touch 3G
    when you connect. Itunes tells you that the iphone is in recovery mode ?

to enter DFU mode, connect the iPhone to USB cable (or dock), hold down the buttons "Home" and "Power" for 10 seconds (the iPhone off), then release the power button in Now the home button pressed, for another ten seconds. If everything went well, the iPhone screen remains black, but iTunes detects an iPhone in recovery mode (DFU).

tutorial => YouTube - iPhone DFU Mode

+ Reply to Thread