welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The iOS 7.0 to 7.0.4 jailbreak is now safe-ish (Now with more info)

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen

Exclamation The iOS 7.0 to 7.0.4 jailbreak is now safe-ish (Now with more info)

As Smoking House said and from what I've gathered from disassembly of various files from the jailbreak as well as reports from pod2g and other developers there is no issue unless you install on a computer with an active Chinese locale. If you have your language set to any other language(English, Japanese, Hindi, etc) you should be fine.

To be safe and wait a few days to jailbreak so apps can be updated for iOS7 a new version of envasi0n should also be pushed out over the next few days that includes a properly working version of Cydia and MobileSubstrate. (Most apps depend on MobileSubstrate)

Also if you have an A7 device, the iPhone 5s, the iPad Mini Retina, and iPad Air do hold off on jailbreaking regardless of what is happening until 64bit support is included for mobilesubstrate. If not installing the wrong tweak will mean restoring your device.

The new version of Cydia is out 1.1.9. As for MobileSubstrate I'm not sure, but it seems to be safe as I'm not hearing anyone with bootloops anymore.
    Last edited by jennifur; 12-24-2013 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Stuff

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    I will also like to say if you have any Qihoo app on your device, Android or iOS remove them as a security measure as soon as possible. This company is supposed to be a reputable company providing computer and mobile security. Yet the light of recent events prove they are (pardon my French) sketchy as fuck.

Device
    iPhone 4 & 3GS iOS 6.1.3 Old Boot fully untethered
    Quote Originally Posted by jennifur View Post
    I will also like to say if you have any Qihoo app on your device, Android or iOS remove them as a security measure as soon as possible. This company is supposed to be a reputable company providing computer and mobile security. Yet the light of recent events prove they are (pardon my French) sketchy as fuck.
    Agreed. I've been trying to keep track of it on twitter today also. very strange goings on lol

UPDATE JUST IN!!!!
    pod2g quoted: Something people may have missed. If you are not in China, nothing but Cydia is installed on your device.
    Last edited by Smokin House; 12-22-2013 at 06:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread