welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: restore to 4.3.2 error 1050 (iTunes) while restoring now recovery loop

restore to 4.3.2 error 1015 (iTunes) while restoring now recovery loop

Please help me

I have an iPhone 3GS which had 4.21 firmware on it.

I downloaded the correct IPSW for 4.32 (New Boot Rom. Activated with 06.15 BB in my case) and followed the steps, except I put it in DFU manually not with iReb's "help". iTunes started restoring it and the iPhone had the white snow flake, it processed to about 80% then iTunes gave the error 1015 and the restore crashed. I tried again several times, no use.

The Phone is now in recovery loop (iReb and tiny umbrelly didn't help so far) probably with an incomplete firmware. I deleted the 74...... gs.apple.com entry from the "hosts".file but no use. the last entry in there is now:
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com

Is that correct? What else could be wrong?

Thank you
    Last edited by Arcadis24; 04-26-2011 at 07:47 AM.

Device
    iPhone 4, iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Note
    try tiny umbrella to get out of recover mode

As I indicated in my post I already tried tiny umbrella. =/ When I click "Exit recovery" the phone reboots, shows the apple logo several times and then goes back to recovery. When I try "Fix recovery" in DFU mode Tiny Umbrella give an error message (_futil7771853798022587422.exe doesnt work anymore).
    Last edited by Arcadis24; 04-26-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Also the "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" entry seems to always reappear in the "hosts" file.

Device
    open hosts file again and delete : 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

after that bring iPhone ack to DFU mode (not restore mode !!!) and then click OPTION or SHIFT + restore key (at the same time) and then browse to the ipsw file u have downloaded and start restoring back and remember to use Pwangetool or iReb or Sn0wbreeze to go to DFU mode

I did delete it. (but it reappeared in there after another failed attempt, numer 5 or 6 by now)
    I did restore again in DFU which I activated through iReb. But it crashes close to the end with Error 1015. What does that error mean? Is it normal that it shows up? It says the error 1015 is a baseband conflict on some forums on the internet but I have baseband 06.15 and used the right package.
    Last edited by Arcadis24; 04-26-2011 at 08:10 AM.

Device
    i just used that on my brothers iPhone 3GS and it worked and i even unlocked it
    but did u have the right one because there is old boot rom and new bottom and both have different approach !! have u checked which bottom u have old or new and then use the custom ipsw for old or new bottom ???? error 1015 is just restore mode and it can be solved by using ireb or tiny umbrella

have u tried th apple original ipsw ?

I have new bootrom, however I tried old bootrom once to see if it was that. It didn't change anything. I can't go with original IPSW since i have bb 6.15. Is there anything particular about how to use tiny umbrella? because if it is only restore mode I should be able to wake it up, but it just jumps back into restore mode!

Can I maybe restore to 4.21 New Bootrom Activated with the 6.15 baseband to get the phone at least running again? Is there anywhere to where i can download that particular IPSW for 4.21 INCLUDING 6.15 bb?

The problem seems to be that Tiny Umbrella does not recognize my phone in DFU mode. How can I fix that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast