welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iphone 3gs Stuck in Recovery mode after jailbreaking with Redsnow

Iphone 3gs Stuck in Recovery mode after jailbreaking with Redsnow

Hello, I successfully managed to jailbreak my iPhone 3gs 16gb on 4.1 with Redsnow it was working great for about 3 weeks and then one day my phone just died and wouldnt switch on at all, I have plugged it into my laptop and tryed a restore with itunes, when i click restore the phone comes on to a blank white screen and i get error code 21 and that the iphone could not be restored.

Please help if you can

I have tryed a hard reset and nothing..

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Please can anyone help...

Ive tryed recboot and ireb also tinyumbrella, The only thing I havnt tryed is restoring from another computer.

Also tried using redsnow and greenpoison again they both say that the jailbreak was complete but my phone just sits there on a blank white screen

HELP Please!

Trying to restore with my Shsh blobs im just getting error code 21 over and over

And now iTunes fails to even recognize my iphone at all.......

Some Please HELP!!!!!!

PLEASE

Edit. I now got iTunes to recognize my phone, I am now trying a new tactic, I have deleted the cydia server ip from my host and but the apple one back and I am trying to restore and update my phone to 4.3 ios but its just stuck on preparing iphone for restore.. then i get 1601 error code....
    Last edited by seanboyd2; 03-29-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Device
    Samsung Galaxy S, iPod touch 3g

Solution?

Have you tried this?

Press sleep and home button about 10 sec.
    Now your device should remain at the Apple boot logo for 60 sec.
    And then it should works perfectly.

Video: youtube.com/watch?v=trUKVMMh9R0&feature=related

No straight link to video because: To prevent spam to the forums, new users are not permitted to post outside links in their messages. All new user accounts will be verified by moderators before this restriction is removed.

Device
    Iphone 3g Unlocked/Jailbroken
    redsnow only jailbreaks 3gs as tethered, so if it died it should work if you plug it into your computer. What i did was re jailbreak it with greenpois0n. put it in dfu mode and boot with a custom firmware
    Exceeding Your Expectations

Iphone 3g 16gb Unlocked/Jailbreak Redsn0w
    Iphone 3gs 8gb Jailbreak Green Pois0n

I plug the phone in and jailbreak with GreenP0ison, the jailbreak says complete, the phone just stays on a blank white screen though..

Any tips?

Thanks

Finally got rid of my error messages and got a bit of hope up and now iTunes just hangs on preparing iPhone for restore..... this really sucks lol, I miss my iPhone badly

After Restore my iphone to 4.2.1 got struck in DFU Mode. Tried different ways and No luck. So I used iREB and TinyUnberella and restored a custom firmware of 4.2.1. Then by using RedSn0w, i jailbroke the phone. Worked fine and iPhone came into usual state. Here the major issue happened......While my phone is plugged into PC and iTunes is on, Suddenly I plugged out the cable. Then my screen gone white. So what so ever I'm doing, my iphone is responding in DFU mode, but nothing I can see on screen as it is always "White Blank" like a flash light.....any inputs are welcome...

+ Reply to Thread