welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Greenpois0n 4.1 jailbreak

Greenpois0n 4.1 jailbreak

Hopefully I'm not posting something that is already on here, but for new jailbreakers:

Video tutorial for jailbreaking iPhone 4, iPhone 3Gs, iPod Touch 3G and 4g, iPad.

The iPhone Demos Greenpois0n tutorial

Greenpois0n seems to receive less complaints than Limera1n, but let me know if you have any problems =]

having trouble with greenpoison. every time i attempt to put into dfu recovery. it always says try again. i am pretty sure that i am doing the process correctly. this is not the first ipod i have jaibroken but this one has given me the hardest time. the device i am trying to jailbreak is an ipod touch 8gb 2nd generation mc model with 4.1 os any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm guessing you have been able to put other devices into DFU mode before? I'm sure you followed everything correctly, like turning the device off first. Having it plugged in ect. Also, I know iPod Touch 2G support for Greenpois0n was added not too long ago, are you using the latest release of the software from greenpois0n - Mmmm...pois0n ?

I will definetly be making sure that I am using the most up to date version of greenpois0n. Thanks. I will will let you know what happens.

@TheiPhoneDemos - Thank you very much for your help. it is greatly appreciated. As it turned out i was able to jailbreak my itouch. I downloaded greenpois0n when it first came out and i suppose my device wasnt supported. after downloading the latest release it worked just fine. the only problem i had was during the first attempt it had to install some drivers and jailbreak failed. but on the second attempt it worked without any hiccups. thanks for the help.

No problem, glad it worked =] The first time I did it on my 3GS it failed, but worked after a restore.

What is the chance of me bricking mt iPod Touch 2nd Generation? I am very interested in trying this, but I am also very worried of bricking my iDevice. Before I try this jailbreak I want to be almost sure that I am going to be safe of bricking.

Great content, Thanks your share a lot for the information

+ Reply to Thread