welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: iOS 4.3 CUSTOM ipsw to Jailbreak and Unlock iOS 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmood View Post
    2. After using sn0wbreeze, can I downgrade to 4.2.1 withous shsh blobs? If not, is there another way?
    Answer : yes u can but before that use tinyumbrella to save SHSH blobs and then u can downgrade
    So it's:

1. Jailbreak using sn0wbreeze
    2. Save 4.3 shsh blobs using tinyumbrella (mind you I've never jailbroken my 4.3 iphone 4)
    3. Downgrade to 4.2.1. using 4.3 shsh blobs
    4. (optional) jailbreak 4.2.1 using method of own choice.

If I need the blobs for 4.2.1 to do step 3 (which I don't have) can I use a custom 4.2.1 ipsw instead to downgrade?

Also, thank you for the quick reply.
    Last edited by skedsked; 03-23-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Added custom 4.2.1 ipsw question.

Hi, This is my first iPhone, and I'm already annoyed with it, the prices on some apps (F1 coverage app for 60 quid?! wth?!), I've been using Android for almost 2 years, so I'm used to cheap apps, and the customizability of the phone.

Now my problem is that I've sold my HTC Desire, and bought a 3GS 16 GB, with the latest software, and 05.16.01 modem software, I've read that I'd have to install iPad's modem software which will disable GPS, and that is a permament change.

I use GPS quite often, so I can't do that. now, is, or rather will there be a way to do it without loosing the GPS capability ?

my boot software is new, has to be tethered.

sorry for the terms, I'm new to this all.

btw- can I like downgrade the software, and then jail break it ?

EDIT: OK, I've got it, what I did was:
    1. Check the SHSH saves, it turned out that I had one with 4.1 software, so I downgraded the software, the baseband version stayed 05.16.01, but I've jail broken it anyway, I need to run it with iBooty to get cydia working, but still, worth the time.
    Hope this will help anyone.
    Last edited by chris_abr; 03-23-2011 at 02:27 PM.

Device
    iPhone 4
    Dear Mahmood

I have just changed my iPhone with a Factory Unlocked one and it already had iOS 4.2 installed and baseband was already upgraded.
    I don't really need to jailbreak it but do need to install a few IPA files on it so can you please guide me if there is any way to install IPA files without Jailbreaking my iPhone??
    I Googled this issue on internet and there is something called IPA God but it works on Mac only and also needs some experience which I lack :P
    Please guide me with some easy way to install IPAs on my iPhone without Jailbreaking it

Thanks in Advance

Ehsan Mahmood

Device
    iPhone 4, iPad 2, Samsung Galaxy Note
    ehsan there is but its very complicated and u need mac osx or u can download mac osx vmware for windows pc see my site or pm me how to do it and u need Xcode 3.2.2 to make it work

Device
    iPhone 4
    Thanks for the quick reply
    I have Mac OS X Virtual Machine working and can use it to do so but it would be a great help if you can give me step by step instructions to do this

Thanks again

Ehsan

Account Currently Disabled
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymicro View Post
    I'm a bit new to iphones and I have an iphone 3gs with 4.1 (8B117) and baseband 05.14.02 locked to a network
    will this method jailbreak and unlock so I can use it with any network, or do I have to upgrade to 4.3 first.
    Thanks
    No need to upgrade your iPhone.You can unlock your iPhone without Jailbreaking using Remote unlocking method.Which is the safe and secure method to unlock iPhone. You can get this service at low cost from OnlineGSMUnlock.com here you need to specify your country, Network name to which it is locked, IMEI number of your iPhone. Here they unlock your iPhone using latest versions of iTunes. This is permanent unlocking solution iPhone. Both upgrading and downgrading will not lock your iPhone again.
    venus15 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456