welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By J03Y4G

Thread: Anyone have good info about the jailbreak process?

Anyone have good info about the jailbreak process?

Looking for some information on how to create a jailbreak. Not like "go to this website and download this tool". I can't seem to find a "These are the steps I took to get root access to the iXXXX" The little info I could find is mostly custom cables and alot of code work. But no examples explanations.

So anyone have any info or links to some good info on the subject?

LA_
    Look here - evasi0n dot com, you should just connect your device with PC and press one button.

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by bertscookie View Post
    Looking for some information on how to create a jailbreak. Not like "go to this website and download this tool". I can't seem to find a "These are the steps I took to get root access to the iXXXX" The little info I could find is mostly custom cables and alot of code work. But no examples explanations.

So anyone have any info or links to some good info on the subject?
    Wait, are you looking for steps to jailbreak a device, or steps to create a jailbreak? Creating a jailbreak is wayyy to complicated for me to be able to explain, but if your just looking for how to jailbreak a device, it's easy. How to: Jailbreak iOS 6.0.1, 6.0.2, and 6.1 using Evasi0n | iPhone-Developers
    Follow me on Twitter @ChasingEmil

Or Follow iPD on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

I was asking about the jailbreak creation process. From what I understand it's exploiting the device (hardware/software) So I was looking for a write up on it, maybe some information on the steps involved or to at least see what the jailbreak is actually doing. There are enough how-to's available. "connect device" "click button" "wait" read enough of that.

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    Here's a little bit of information about it reposted by @MuscleNerd, originally created by @planetbeing.

http://is.gd/kc5KMe
    bertscookie likes this.
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by J03Y4G View Post
    Here's a little bit of information about it reposted by @MuscleNerd, originally created by @planetbeing.

is.gd/kc5KMe
    Cool I didn't see that link. Some good info. They put it quite a few hours, that's a pretty intense attack vector chain.

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    Weeks even months go into releasing a jailbreak for the community.
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

+ Reply to Thread