welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iOS 6 on original iPad?

iOS 6 on original iPad?

Is there any way to get iOS 6 onto the original iPad? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm relatively new to the iPad modding and such. Thanks!

Device
    iPhone 4 6.1 beta 3

sorry man

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Apple did some internal testing of IOS 6 on iPad original, but it seems that they have deemed it unworthy for some strange reason. The same thing happened to the iPhone 2g (original iPhone). There was supposedly internal testing of IOS 4.0 on it but it was rumored to have performance issues despite it have near identical specs to the iPhone 3g. If apple doesn't want you to have IOS 6 on your iPad, you will not get it, unless some super mac genius manages to take IOS 6,reverse engineer it's files and hack together drivers for it and.....Nevermind that idea. See what I'm getting at here? Short answer:no

Quote Originally Posted by mrdziuban View Post
    Is there any way to get iOS 6 onto the original iPad? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm relatively new to the iPad modding and such. Thanks!
    Actually the iPad should be able to run it however, Apple noticed that majority if not all of the apps in the AppStore require hardware and software features that the newer iPads have, so they decided that it would be of no use to update it.

IMO they dont give old devices updates just so you would go out a shell out another 600+ for a device that runs newer software. shit with android any device can run old or new software thanks to the devs

Its really strange that ipod touch 4G gets iOS 6 and ipad 1 don't.
    if you look at the specs of those 2 only diffence that you find is that the ipt4g have a camera and a smaller resolution...

Quote Originally Posted by futty View Post
    IMO they dont give old devices updates just so you would go out a shell out another 600+ for a device that runs newer software. shit with android any device can run old or new software thanks to the devs
    Try running ICS on a G1. . No one is building Android ROMs from scratch. It's either a tweaked version of what your phone is currently running stock or a glitchy port. Still better than nothing though so I feel ya.
    Iphone 2G 16GB Red Snow Jailbreak/ boot neuter on T-Mobile
    Livin on the EDGE (data)

+ Reply to Thread