welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How To: Jailbreak iPad 2 5.0.1 using Absinthe

Device
    iPhone 5

How To: Jailbreak iPad 2 5.0.1 using Absinthe

It's here folks! After months of anxiously waiting for the A5 jailbreak, it's finally here! You can now jailbreak your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 using the DreamTeam's Absinthe program.

Here is our full step-by-step installation guide. Get to jailbreaking!

How To: Jailbreak iPhone 4S or iPad 2 using Absinthe

Absinthe-jailbreak-logo-220x220.jpg

The Absinthe Untethered Jailbreak will support the following devices :
    iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0, 5.0.1 (9A405 and 9A406)
    iPad 2 Wifi/GSM/CDMA running iOS 5.0.1

Step 1: Download Absinthe from here (Mac) or here (Windows), extract it, than run it.

Step 2: Connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your computer via USB.

Step 3: Click "Jailbreak" to run the program. The process takes awhile in the beginning so don't worry! It will eventually say "Restoring in Progress," leave the device alone until it's completely finished.

1.png

Step 4: Once it's done, you should see the Absinthe icon on the Home screen. Tap the icon and it will then take you to the Greenpois0n site and reboot your idevice. After it loads back up, the Cydia icon will have replaced the Absinthe icon.

UPDATE: We didn't have any issues jailbreaking, but for those experiencing an "error establishing a database connection," you can find a fix here.

And that's all folks! You can than head over to Cydia and download all your favorite tweaks and apps! Make sure to look around the forums to see how other users are modding and tweaking their idevices! Also, you can check out our Theme Browser and App Reviews page to see what's hot in Cydia right now. Let us know how it goes!

Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!
    Last edited by Emil.Kako; 01-25-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Is it true that Absinthe doesn't work with macbook which has Dept: 32-Bit colors?
    Last edited by vincentroberts01; 01-21-2012 at 05:58 AM.

Just got done jailbreaking my ipad2 with Absinthe for Windows and it worked Perfect.

I've already run absinthe and gotten the Absinthe icon on my springboard. After run it, it doesn't do anything. It says settings things up... that's all.. Doesn't show error connection or something. Also tried VPN, it gives an error

" VPN Connection: A configuration error occured. " I still can't get cydia.. What is wrong?

PS/ Previously I have 4.3.3 jailbreak. I've updated my device to 5.0.1 ... Not as new device... does it matter?
    Last edited by yvliew; 01-22-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by yvliew View Post
    I've already run absinthe and gotten the Absinthe icon on my springboard. After run it, it doesn't do anything. It says settings things up... that's all.. Doesn't show error connection or something. Also tried VPN, it gives an error

" VPN Connection: A configuration error occured. " I still can't get cydia.. What is wrong?
    What happens after it says setting things up? you have to let it run, it might take awhile in the beginning

Device
    iPhone 4
    I am using my iPad 2 now after using this jailbreak. Trying to get spire working on it.

Seemed to work fine on my ipad 2. yay! thank you kindly.

Question

"Hi,

A few days ago I jailbreak (5.0.1.) my iPad 2..."

Solved, thanks.
    Last edited by Tejcsi; 01-27-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Device
    iPhone 4, 16GB, iOS 5.0.1 Factory Unlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitjetta View Post
    I am using my iPad 2 now after using this jailbreak. Trying to get spire working on it.
    Hi dude.
    Plz tell me if spire is working ok?
    Coz I own a iPad 2, gsm. I jailbroke I also own iPhone 4, too and I tried spire on iPhone 4, and turned my set into apple logo many time and restored it too many times.
    On one day I restored my I4, 5 times. So don't wana do this to my iPad 2.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 4, FU Running iOS 5.0.1, Jailbroken UnTethered
    Apple iPad2, 3g,Wifi.32GB, iOS 5.0.1, Jailbroken
    My Forum.net

Device
    iPhone 4, 16GB, iOS 5.0.1 Factory Unlocked
    Quote Originally Posted by backudog View Post
    Seemed to work fine on my ipad 2. yay! thank you kindly.
    Hi dude.
    Plz tell me if spire is working ok?
    Coz I own a iPad 2, gsm. I jailbroke I also own iPhone 4, too and I tried spire on iPhone 4, and turned my set into apple logo many time and restored it too many times.
    On one day I restored my I4, 5 times. So don't wana do this to my iPad 2....

Sent from my iPad 2, using Tapatalk
    iPhone 4, FU Running iOS 5.0.1, Jailbroken UnTethered
    Apple iPad2, 3g,Wifi.32GB, iOS 5.0.1, Jailbroken
    My Forum.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast