welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: How To: Jailbreak iPad 2 5.0.1 using Absinthe

Device
    iPhone 4, 16GB, iOS 5.0.1 Factory Unlocked
    I tried to install spire on m iPad 2, but cydia is saying it not comply and giving no option to instal it

Sent from my iPad 2, using Tapatalk
    iPhone 4, FU Running iOS 5.0.1, Jailbroken UnTethered
    Apple iPad2, 3g,Wifi.32GB, iOS 5.0.1, Jailbroken
    My Forum.net

Device
    iPhone 4, 16GB, iOS 5.0.1 Factory Unlocked
    Installed spire on my iPad 2, but proxy , workin proxy is needed.....

iPhone 4, FU Running iOS 5.0.1, Jailbroken UnTethered
    Apple iPad2, 3g,Wifi.32GB, iOS 5.0.1, Jailbroken
    My Forum.net

What is the benefit from Jailbreaking an iPad 2? I would like to know what it would do for me? Do I have to have iTunes installed on my laptop?

Thank you,
    Donovan Frasure

Device
    Jailbroken iPad 2 16GB with Wi-Fi - White

Question Hooow?!

Quote Originally Posted by muskangul View Post
    Installed spire on my iPad 2, but proxy , workin proxy is needed.....

muskangul, HOW DID YOU INSTALL SPIRE ON YOUR iPad 2?! I've repeatedly visited the Spire section in Cydia on my iPad 2 and in the "Conflicts" section, it says "iPad". I'm so stuck...

Please hit the Thanks button if I helped in any way! :eagerness:

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    Spire is a hit and miss sorta thing there is a iPad version I seen being distributed by (sry not allowed to post repo) but I haven't bothered to try plus it would help to have an iPad, you may have to boot tethered to get it working and for me that's something I don't like.

also having to get a working dedicated proxy for it can be a pain.
    Last edited by J03Y4G; 03-01-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Device

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fury58djf View Post
    What is the benefit from Jailbreaking an iPad 2? I would like to know what it would do for me? Do I have to have iTunes installed on my laptop?

Thank you,
    Donovan Frasure
    In a way, having iTunes on your PC is essential for owning any iDevice. Although most of the tasks performed on iTunes are now performable on any iDevice, you'll still need iTunes to backup, sync, and God forbid--restore--your iDevice for any reason.

Jailbreaking can be considered as "unlocking your iDevice's full potential". Unlike the stock iOS, jailbreaking can give you access to all kinds of useful tweaks such as Multitunes (syncing w/ multiple iTunes libraries), MyWi (tethering), and cool Springboard customizations like Barrel (page scroll effect) and Zeppelin (custom carrier icon). There are, however, risks in jailbreaking; It makes you potentially vounerable to downloading malware found in too-good-to-be-true free apps/tweaks that people like Steve Jobs meant to protect us users from by locking up iOS. If you know what you're downloading and you think it's a trsuted source, then you should be OK.

Our beloved jailbreak devs make what they do safe for all us end users out there through their hard work and perseverance in worming through Apple's security. You should give it a try; My uncle always says, "If you have a backup of it, then try it! "

Device
    Quote Originally Posted by J03Y4G View Post
    Spire is a hit and miss sorta thing there is a iPad version I seen being distributed by (removed repo) but I haven't bothered to try plus it would help to have an iPad, you may have to boot tethered to get it working and for me that's something I don't like.

also having to get a working dedicated proxy for it can be a pain.
    Agreed, my little brother's iTouch is jailbroken with Spire and he's constantly whining to me for a working proxy! My brother mentioned something about an "i4Siri" service that's coming out soon that could replace Spire...
    Last edited by J03Y4G; 03-01-2012 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Removed Repo
    J03Y4G likes this.

Device
    iPhone 4, AppleTV 2, new iPad
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacedaemon View Post
    Agreed, my little brother's iTouch is jailbroken with Spire and he's constantly whining to me for a working proxy! My brother mentioned something about an "i4Siri" service that's coming out soon that could replace Spire...

Quote Originally Posted by Lacedaemon View Post
    "If you have a backup of it, then try it! "
    Love this lol

Interesting for a spire replacement never heard about it, I wonder what the difference would be.
    Lacedaemon likes this.
    Make sure to follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook, or add us to your circles on Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Device
    iPhone 4s
    I plugged my iphone 4s (5.0.1) into my macbook and it said that the device wasnt supported... what am i doing wrong??

Hi there. I've been reluctant to jailbrake my iPad2 since I got it last year. Is there any advantage beside installing apps from Cydia or any other source like better performance, usability/compatibility, etc, that you can comment so I can make up my mind in this?!

Thanks for the help!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12