welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: A simple script to remove keyloggers/spy apps. (I hope)

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen

Exclamation A simple script to remove keyloggers/spy apps. (I hope)

Since I'm sick of seeing all these bots and spam about keyloggers and spy apps. That also may be illegal to use on a phone you don't own. I decided to write a script that should remove them. I just targeted a few of the common ones that I see often on this site.

If you know of any or have the deb packages of these or any others, let me know so I can add them in to my removal script.

You will need OpenSSH, apt 0.7 (Strict), and this script installed on your device for this script to work.

You can grab the script here

How to use:
    1) Install OpenSSH and apt 0.7 (Strict) using Cydia

2a) Get the script on the device, you can use iFunbox or iTools to put it on the device, or you can install and use wget to download it on the device itself.

2b) If you opted to use wget, follow steps 3 and 4 below and copy/paste this command: apt-get install wget ; wget https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfh3kf6zzavucig/spy_check.sh

3) SSH into your device. You will need an SSH client such as KiTTY or if you're using OSX or Linux you can use SSH through a terminal.

4) Login using the user root and the password alpine. You should change the password if you decide to keep OpenSSH installed afterwards.

5) Run the script. The script should be in /var/root if you used wget, or wherever you put it if you used iFunbox or iTools. To run it if you used wget you would type in: sh /var/root/spy_check.sh If you used iFunbox or iTools the command will be sh /foo/bar/spy_check.sh where foo and bar are the directory path of the script.

As usual any questions, comments, suggestions are welcome.

These are the keyloggers/spy apps that the script removes:
    iKeyMonitor
    Boss Spy (also known as 1Mole)
    Omega Spy
    Copy 9
    mSpy
    RioSpy
    TruSpy
    FlexiSpy
    Copy 10
    Last edited by jennifur; 07-11-2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Updated removeable apps
    JohnH4 likes this.

This could be very useful. Great work!

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH4 View Post
    This could be very useful. Great work!
    Thanks. If you know of any that isn't listed let me know.

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    I just realized a lot of these are variants of the same few apps. Just different names/retailers.

If anyone can send me the deb files from these, please PM me so I can work on a better way to detect these things.

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    Welp, I found an app called Cyder2 so I can just grab the packages without having to use my iPod. Some of these are really badly coded and use rather simplistic tricks to hide themselves.

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbaby2015 View Post
    May be an useful script to remove some key loggers but implement an other keylogger or virus at the same time heheheh
    Why not ?
    I would never do such a thing. I made this script to remove spy apps because I dislike them and as a bit of a "white knight" because if you find out if you have one of these programs on the phone, support will not tell you how to remove it.

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    Omega Spy
    Copy 9
    RioSpy
    Copy 10
    hellospy

come from the same code source and its a trojan or virus. They offer 48H free to attractive users. After you install on your phone, the virus can execute some calling or send sms from your phone without you know. (check your cellular billing every month). When you try to uninstall the spyware copy9 for example, you cannot and it still continue to run. Only one way to delete the virus is to reset your phone or (jailbreak again with an idevice)

Never use a software when you cannot know who is the owner of the website
    Removing them using apt will get rid of them, as will using iLEX R.A.T or SemiRestore. I am also asking for the .deb packages that they come in so I can better detect and remove them.

Nice share..........

Omega Spy
    Copy 9
    RioSpy
    Copy 10
    hellospy

come from the same code source and its a trojan or virus. They offer 48H free to attractive users. After you install on your phone, the virus can execute some calling or send sms from your phone without you know. (check your cellular billing every month). When you try to uninstall the spyware copy9 for example, you cannot and it still continue to run. Only one way to delete the virus is to reset your phone or (jailbreak again with an idevice)

Never use a software when you cannot know who is the owner of the website
    Jailbreak with an iDevice is only option or we can approach for other solution?
    Last edited by David J. Clark; 08-20-2013 at 02:50 AM.

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaL2 View Post
    How to remove ikeymonitor?
    My script should remove it, if not use iLex RAT after making a backup.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast