welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here

View Poll Results: What would you do

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • I can wait

2 40.00%
  • I can't wait!

0 0%
  • I won't purchase if that's the case!

3 60.00%
  • Open a dispute with paypal!!!!

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By xternal.it
  • 1 Post By septimus7
  • 1 Post By Emil.Kako
  • 1 Post By 123456&
  • 1 Post By Jc61990

Thread: Unlockers Business Owners: Refund Policy

Device
    iPhone 5

Exclamation Unlockers Business Owners: Refund Policy

We are just starting business in the unlocking business for the general public. Many of us, unlockers, face deadlines when it comes to customers. If our description says "3 - 5 days", how do we deal with an issue where the process is taking more than 5 days for an unlock? We know that customers are coming at us within 3 days and are heated on the fifth day. Do you have any experience in this situation and how to deal with it?

For me, it would be a HUGH risk to give a refund providing that we are still waiting for an unlock. Say we give a refund and a day later the code returns as unlocked. How are we 100% sure that the customer will pay us?? They dont have to. No legal action can be taken. That is why we create a legal policy that states no refund until we get a response from our unlocking servers.

I personally think no unlocking company can guarantee their time stated for an unlock. Why? Server maybe taking long, server timeout, server downtime or that someone "on-the-inside" is taking long to whitelist those IMEI's.

We are not thieves but we just can't take that risk to give refunds while we are still waiting. If you do not agree to this, please do not make any purchases.

What do you unlockers think? Share experience.
    123456& likes this.
    Not because he is selling it for 1, just ask for a discount. You will never know he may reduce it by 10% for you
    iPhone Unlocking Services, visit our website: xternal.it
    Like our Facebook Page! You will get 10% discount if you ask!: http://fb.com/xternal.it

Device
    iPhone 4
    It really depends on how many days we're talking here. If it's 1-2 days, I'm fine waiting, but if it takes more than a week, when promised done in 1-3 days, I would compain and eventually file for a refund. I would caution every potential buyer on the sales page that the time is estimated and that it can vary from case to case.
    123456& likes this.

Device
    iPhone 5
    The unlock MUST happen within the time frame that was promised. A time frame shouldn't be given if it can't be met imo
    123456& likes this.
    Follow me on Twitter @ChasingEmil

Or Follow iPD on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

You will have a lot of headache about this, I think the best way is that if you know the unlock will come in 24H, We should say 30H to avoid problem with customers.
    Or if you know that the service is down, you should send an email to customers letting them know about the issue.

Device
    iPhone 5
    Sorry for the absence! I do agree. The time must be correct. If I know the unlock will take 3 days, I'll add another 3 days
    Not because he is selling it for 1, just ask for a discount. You will never know he may reduce it by 10% for you
    iPhone Unlocking Services, visit our website: xternal.it
    Like our Facebook Page! You will get 10% discount if you ask!: http://fb.com/xternal.it

I think that will help to avoid any problems.

Device
    iPhone 5 32GB
    i too run an unlock store. Ive had several events where the codes were not delivered in the time advertised. normally once it goes over the window, I will personally contact the buyer, i never wait for them to reach out to me. I will usually let the customer know it may take up to another 24-48 hours, and if there is any issue to let me know asap so i can either cancel their order or possible offer them a partial refund for the extra wait time. I never give full refunds if the code was still delivered, they got the product they wanted to buy, and im running a business so i still need to make my money on it. A partial refund usually makes the buyer happy. I would say just reach out to the customer, and give them some options, dont just leave them hanging feeling like they got ripped off
    xternal.it likes this.

+ Reply to Thread