welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone 5 Slow App Store + Slow Download

Device
    Iphone 5

Exclamation Iphone 5 Slow App Store + Slow Download

Hey Guys,

I recently bought a new Iphone 5 64GB and loved everything about it. I was messing around with it when I decided to download an app from the app store. I connected to my home WiFi and when i opened the app store it seemed relatively slow. It was the first time I opened the app store so I thought it just happens for the first time. A couple of days later I open the app store and it is still slow so I tried downloading an app and it was even slower. Downloading a 4.2mb app took me about 15min. That's outrageous.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me. Note that I just updated to IOS 6.0.2 the other day. Maybe that could help.

SoldierOfStyx
    Attached Images

Device
    iPhone 5
    I've actually been dealing with the same thing. Extremely slow wifi speeds and losing connection when farther than 10 feet from the router. I'm hoping 6.1 fixes it but it just might be a hardware problem idk.
    Follow me on Twitter @ChasingEmil

Or Follow iPD on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Device
    Iphone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil.Kako View Post
    I've actually been dealing with the same thing. Extremely slow wifi speeds and losing connection when farther than 10 feet from the router. I'm hoping 6.1 fixes it but it just might be a hardware problem idk.
    Lets hope 6.1 fixes it. That would be life saving. Does anyone know when 6.1 comes out and do you think we should even update to that? Like what I mean is that would there be a jailbreak for it?

Device
    Iphone 5
    Does anyone still have slow internet speeds + app store download speeds after 6.1 came out? I sure do. Is there any fix for this? Help will be greatly appreciated.

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by SoldierOfStyx View Post
    Does anyone still have slow internet speeds + app store download speeds after 6.1 came out? I sure do. Is there any fix for this? Help will be greatly appreciated.
    You should exchange your phone at your local Apple Store, 6.1 didn't fix anything for me either

Or Follow iPD on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

Device
    Iphone 5
    You should exchange your phone at your local Apple Store, 6.1 didn't fix anything for me either
    But I jailbroke it using evasi0n. Can i still return it. Anyway thanks for your help.

Device
    iPhone 5
    Quote Originally Posted by SoldierOfStyx View Post
    But I jailbroke it using evasi0n. Can i still return it. Anyway thanks for your help.
    Yeah, just restore back to stock before taking it in. Don't take it back jailbroken or itll void the warranty

Device
    Iphone 5
    Yeah, just restore back to stock before taking it in. Don't take it back jailbroken or itll void the warranty
    Sorry if i seem like a noob, but the thing is i actually bought it from a private owner. So.... what do i do?

plug it in itunes and press Restore

This is for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 4s!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast