welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It is convinient to use new Apple lightning port?

It is convinient to use new Apple lightning port?

Apple changed the charging port design on its mobile devices this year, iPhone 5 and iPad mini both featured with this new tech. Originally, I was kind of using the new lightning connector as an iPhone user, I know it provided faster transfer speed and superior security and you needn't care which side is the right-side up anymore, but after I know it chargerd hefty licensing fees to accessory manufactures while selling its own accessory with such a high price, I was to give out my complain. I hate the lightning connector, I am using iPhone 4, if I was ready to update to iPhone 5, I must pay the xxx costly extra lightning adaptor fees. Apple is a company put profit on first positon. But luckily, some manufactures had worked out the way of cracking the code built-in lightining connector.

There is one connector available for lightning port with that you can use old iPhone port with iPhone 5...

Always use apple chargers an cables otherwise warranty void

Yes, it's a change that was needed. The old 30-pin connector, prohibited Apple from moving forward, and being Apple, they "need" to have their own unique type of charging connector.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kotaro_14 View Post
    Yes, it's a change that was needed. The old 30-pin connector, prohibited Apple from moving forward, and being Apple, they "need" to have their own unique type of charging connector.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Only problem with new plug is you can't place it in side ways only upside down

+ Reply to Thread