welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Iphone 3g question

Iphone 3g question

Hopefully I'm posting in the right spot I didn't see a Q&A anywhere.

Alright I have a Iphone 3g which is unlocked with cydia, and it's IOS version is 4.2

Is there anyway to update the IOS version, I have Installous, but theres alot of apps I can't download.
    The app store says I need to update the IOS. I don't want to lose my unlock.

I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

I think if you have warranty for your iPhone then you should have to go at customer care for it because he will help you for it.

if the jailbreak is the only thing that bothers you, then you should know that there is a jailbreak for ios 6

Hi, with the specified 3gs model You can try to unlock your iPhone through remote unlocking service. this
    method of unlocking is safe, simple, affordable and quick. you can get the remote unlocking for an iPhone from
    Super Unlock Codes - Apple Supported Models at low cost with easy unlocking instructions.

But you can unlock once you have updated too. There is a jailbreak even for that.

Its better to stay with ios version is 4.2 which is already in your phone. Next version of ios is not good for iphone 3g that can slow the speed of your phone.

Jailbreak will be the correct option for you. of try to go with iOS 5.1 version

+ Reply to Thread