welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A few questions for a new user?

Device
    iPhone 4

A few questions for a new user?

Hey everyone! I just transferred from the Android forums, I just upgraded to the free iPhone 4 from Verizon, and I'm pretty excited!

I have a few questions, I know how to jailbreak because I've had the iPod Touch 4 for a few years before I sold it since my smart phone could also play music. Will 3G disable itself when I activate Wifi, and switch back on when I'm out of range like Android does, or is there a tweak out there on Cydia, pretty much because Verizon doesn't seem to want to give people unlimited data anymore, so I'm down to 2GB per month. I don't want any background 3G voodoo creeping up my data use because I've always had unlimited data since my first smart phone. And my last question is as of right now, is there untethered jailbreaking available or do I need to keep iOS5 untethered until that comes out, I'm not a fan of tethered jailbreaks.

Thank you! Glad to be here!

Quote Originally Posted by Selim873 View Post
    Hey everyone! I just transferred from the Android forums, I just upgraded to the free iPhone 4 from Verizon, and I'm pretty excited!

I have a few questions, I know how to jailbreak because I've had the iPod Touch 4 for a few years before I sold it since my smart phone could also play music. Will 3G disable itself when I activate Wifi, and switch back on when I'm out of range like Android does, or is there a tweak out there on Cydia, pretty much because Verizon doesn't seem to want to give people unlimited data anymore, so I'm down to 2GB per month. I don't want any background 3G voodoo creeping up my data use because I've always had unlimited data since my first smart phone. And my last question is as of right now, is there untethered jailbreaking available or do I need to keep iOS5 untethered until that comes out, I'm not a fan of tethered jailbreaks.

Thank you! Glad to be here!
    Hi! Just switched from Android to the iPhone 4 myself and have been loving it! I'm still an Android Developer / Themer over at droidrzr.com but let me try to answer some of these questions for you.

1. Yes wifi will disable your 3G when you turn it on, then go right back to 3G when you're out of range.
    2. No, there is no untethered jailbreak for iOS 6 yet on the iPhone 4. Only tethered, which only sucks if you have to reboot your phone. As long as you don't have to reboot, you'll stay in jailbreak mode.

Hope all this helps and if you need any other help, feel free to get ahold of me here!

Device
    iPhone 4
    Thank you so much!!
    I might tether jailbreak anyway, hoping i4siri works on iOS 6. My phone will probably come with iOS 6 since its a new phone.

+ Reply to Thread