welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Restore deleted GMail-messages on iOS 6 (iPhone 5) - Messages disappear!

Exclamation Restore deleted GMail-messages on iOS 6 (iPhone 5) - Messages disappear!

Hi!

I've got a strange problem with my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.0.1).

My GMail-account is configured by using the GMail-option in the iPhone's settings. Most of the things work: I can archive mails, I can move them to other folders (and this way change the label) and I can also move them to trash by moving them to the folder "Trash".

But: When I have moved a mail to trash, I think I should be able to restore that mail by simply moving it back to Inbox or any other folder. Unfortunately that does not work. When I try that, the mail simply disappears! Not just on the phone - it is completely lost! I tried that several times, logged in to Gmail using my PC - the mails are totally gone. Not in Inbox, not in all mail, not in trash... gone!

How come? And what can I do about it? It shouldn't be that I can't move a mail out of trash anymore...

Thanks for your help in advance!

Are you sure he has no backup? What OS was he using before he updated? Chances are iTunes or iCloud will have backed up fairly recently.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    iphone-mac.com/how-to-recover-sms-text-message-from-iphone.html
    Last edited by angusbertford; 01-23-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Have you ever made a backup before? If so, check this guide:
    1. Connect the iPhone to the computer with a USB cable.
    2. Open iTunes.
    3. If you have a new or erased iPhone, iTunes will prompt you to restore from backup.
    4. Otherwise, Control-click on your iPhone under DEVICES in the left menu.
    5. Select Restore From Backup...
    6. Choose the backup you wish to sync and click the Restore button.

iTunes do not backup gmails.

ask app store for help

+ Reply to Thread