Flash Verixzon Iphone for Metro PCS
I just copy and paste. Please do not ask me about this,I have no idea at all:
Verizon iPhone 4 Solution
(talk and text only)
- Must have latest iTunes installed on your PC
Steps to flash
2. Load prl for talk and text
3. OTA(over the Air) Program iPhone
Jailbrakeing the iPhone
1. Connect your iphone to the computer and let drivers install.
2. If iTunes asks to do an update select NO.
3. Open up the program called Greenpoison(Google is GOD it will find it for you)
4. Follow the instructions given by the program greenpois0n.
5. Once its done let it reboot
6. Connect to your wifi.
7. On your iPhones main menu, you should find an app called 'Loader' which will download and install Cydia. Cydia might not appear directly after Loader finishes. A second reboot may be required.
8. Open Cydia, and install updates as needed.
Flashing the PRL to iPhone for Talk and text.
1. Put the iPhones MEID into metroPCS inventory(many services available for this)
2. On the the iphone turn off wifi
3. Dial *22804 and you will get metroPCS customer service voice over and out of the options select travel talk.
4. Once its done verify it installed by dialing *228 and it will say metroPCS
5. If it goes to Verizon repeat steps 3 and 4 until it says metroPCS.
OTA(Over The Air) programming.
This is the difficult part.
1. Call Customer service and have them activate the phone via OTA.
waiting for som1 to get his hands on data for iphone
CDMA IPHONE 4.2.8 custom firmware - without base-band version
By the Daniel published in IPHONE4 CDMA 4 comments
Removal of the baseband
System disk 1024MB
Include telecommunications 212PRL
Contains CC break, support for custom operators PLIST
Configuration contains the telecom operators, APN configuration and telecommunications Tau LOGO
what you think about it?
I need some help quick. I recently updated to 4.2.8 and jailbroke the iphone, but after that it seemed to have wiped out the metro pcs settings or something, and it is now un flashed. Anybody know what I can do? I tried calling that *22804 number, but there is no travel talk option and whenever I speak with a representative they don't help out and can't activate it over the air.
My suggestion to you would be to update the prl using the SSH method mentioned in earlier posts
has there been any progress on this topic yet? I see the OP hasn't been updated at all.
Okay, I don't know if someone can help me, but I SERIOUSLY AM GOING CRAZY. I currently have a Verizon iPhone 4, and want to put it on MetroPCS. I know how to jailbreak the phone, but I do not know how to unlock the phone for Metro, nor do I know where to find the ".prl" for the phone to connect to Metro. Can anybody give me step by step instructions? I don't care if the phone has data and MMS, all I need is talk and text. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!
Where is the download? Will this make my iPhone able to flash to Metro?
just joined, cant wait to help while purging leechers
I agree with keeping the info out of the hands of the ones who dont wish to put in hours & hours of hair pulling problem solving so that we may see MMS & internet working on the iphone 4 using Metro PCS or Cricket etc.
You have got to love looking for answers that you dont even know the question to, such as many of us do with life.
I love being able to shoot down my own ideas or have others do the same, because it will only push us closer... and I smell the answer to this long asked question. There are many rewards driving me to figure this one out. i wait to do a mighty victory dance.
I have only just joined so i will begin to share some insights very soon.
Maybe the process would be the same as it is when activating a Sprint branded phone on Boost Mobile. You need to clone the ESN (and specific lines of nv data using CDMA Workshop) from a "donor" phone from the carrier that you want to switch to. In this particular case, a Boost Mobile donor phone would be required, and that ESN would be cloned to the Sprint phone in order to allow the Spring branded phone to work on Boost Mobile. Activation is done right on the handset. This works because Boost Mobile thinks you are using one of their phones. Just as long as you never use the donor phone, you will be fine. The only thing you have to do is change the MMS settings.
I'm not sure if this helps at all, I just know this is how I got my HTC Evo 4G on Boost Mobile a while ago and everything has been working flawlessly since, including GPS, and MMS.