welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [TUT] Official Thread for Full Flashing the CDMA iPhone 4 to Cricket or MetroPCS

mark this,wait it......

Initial steps to flashing your iPhone 4 CDMA (Verizon) to Cricket or MetroPCS (speculative?)

1) Jailbreak your iPhone 4 on the 4.2.6 firmware using the latest version of GreenPois0n at greenpois0n . com
    2) Download i-Funbox www dot i-funbox.com
    3) Connect your iPhone 4 to the Windows PC and the modem drivers will load up
    4) Open up i-Funbox and then check to see whether your iPhone is connected.
    5) Scroll down to Raw File System then open up the directory called: [iPhone]://System/Library/Carrier Bundles

(speculation from here since I don't have my own iPhone 4 yet)

6) Erase the Verizon prl.
    7) Cut and paste or load up the Cricket/MetroPCS prl you want to use by using Actions then Copy from PC tab on i-Funbox.
    8) Close up and restart the iPhone
    9) Activate using *228 or *22804 to get working talk and text?
    Last edited by qipengart; 02-21-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qipengart View Post
    Initial steps to flashing your iPhone 4 CDMA (Verizon) to Cricket or MetroPCS (speculative?)

1) Jailbreak your iPhone 4 on the 4.2.6 firmware using the latest version of GreenPois0n at greenpois0n . com
    2) Download i-Funbox www dot i-funbox.com
    3) Connect your iPhone 4 to the Windows PC and the modem drivers will load up
    4) Open up i-Funbox and then check to see whether your iPhone is connected.
    5) Scroll down to Raw File System then open up the directory called: [iPhone]://System/Library/Carrier Bundles

(speculation from here since I don't have my own iPhone 4 yet)

6) Erase the Verizon prl.
    7) Cut and paste or load up the Cricket/MetroPCS prl you want to use by using Actions then Copy from PC tab on i-Funbox.
    8) Close up and restart the iPhone
    9) Activate using *228 or *22804 to get working talk and text?
    will this allow data and gps, or at least data, to work? i have the iphone 4 im using it on alltel (i dont want to use verizons plans because mine is cheaper) all i had to do was put the iphone esn on my number and *228 activated it, but all i have working IS talk and text....need a way to get data working (im not worried about gps so much atm). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aston44820 View Post
    will this allow data and gps, or at least data, to work? i have the iphone 4 im using it on alltel (i dont want to use verizons plans because mine is cheaper) all i had to do was put the iphone esn on my number and *228 activated it, but all i have working IS talk and text....need a way to get data working (im not worried about gps so much atm). Thanks!
    No it wont. that method will not even get t&t.

There is NO proven web on iphone4no matter how many people claim it....0 have video proof.

Quote Originally Posted by r0mster View Post
    No it wont. that method will not even get t&t.

There is NO proven web on iphone4no matter how many people claim it....0 have video proof.
    well i didnt use that method, but i do in fact have talk and text working on my phone with alltel. and the area i live in didnt converge with verizon at all, fcc wouldnt allow it in the mansfield, Lima or sandusky, OH market area. China Telecom claims they unlocked it 100%, but all they have is a picture. and some guy on youtube claimed his buddy did but all he does is show off the phone, no step by step to prove it was done.

Quote Originally Posted by aston44820 View Post
    well i didnt use that method, but i do in fact have talk and text working on my phone with alltel. and the area i live in didnt converge with verizon at all, fcc wouldnt allow it in the mansfield, Lima or sandusky, OH market area. China Telecom claims they unlocked it 100%, but all they have is a picture. and some guy on youtube claimed his buddy did but all he does is show off the phone, no step by step to prove it was done.
    The guy on youtube is a liar. I have a buddy with a delorian that travels thro time when it hits 88mph. My buddy is prob just as honest as his.

China Telecom is full of it. They OTAed it on their local carrier. They only have reported talk and text.

There is no solution currently that allows anything but talk and text. Now there is way to get web but its temporary and last a few minutes because the phone realizes that its using the wrong carrier settings.

Anyone can make a youtube video with that. I had the video on Feb 7th with metro prl loaded on the iphone. No big. Anyone can change thename up top to cricket/metro or anything else with an app.

agreed. the guy on youtube never even showed the phone. i have mine on alltel and downloaded fakecarrier from cydia to change verizon name to alltel. i have wifi both at work and at home so not having data atm isnt a huge deal but man ill be happy when its finallyl able to work. i saw a link on google about a cl add in detroit to unlock verizon iphone for metropcs...its been flagged for removal lol. i just hope someone does it before 4.3 comes out...i dont want to wait 6 months lol

i have one in my hand now but have not activated. could this be the reason why i do not have the cellular data network field in my network options?

Quote Originally Posted by tswtech2 View Post
    i have one in my hand now but have not activated. could this be the reason why i do not have the cellular data network field in my network options?
    Yes it is.

ok i figured it was like the gsm ones when you don't have the Sim in. i was trying to edit the apn settings without having to activate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast