welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: [TUT] Official Thread for Full Flashing the CDMA iPhone 4 to Cricket or MetroPCS

Quote Originally Posted by 38115-2 View Post
    Also need to know the baseband
    thanks Mod, as I mentioned to kingnba6 I havent bought a phone yet but iPhone unlocks are updated and specific to different baseband versions, since ‘hacking’ the baseband is necessary to allow the jailbreak and unlocked iPhone to utilize the cellular modem on the phone, thereby allowing call, data, and SMS transfer to occur on the device so once I have a phone and found out what version it is I would imagine the rest should be a walk in the park so to speak,lol. a bit like rooting and romming my android phones, in theory anyway

Device
    iPhone 5 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkinau View Post
    thanks Mod, as I mentioned to kingnba6 I havent bought a phone yet but iPhone unlocks are updated and specific to different baseband versions, since ‘hacking’ the baseband is necessary to allow the jailbreak and unlocked iPhone to utilize the cellular modem on the phone, thereby allowing call, data, and SMS transfer to occur on the device so once I have a phone and found out what version it is I would imagine the rest should be a walk in the park so to speak,lol. a bit like rooting and romming my android phones, in theory anyway
    I'm coming from Android too so can relate, it's pretty easy to learn though, but if you don't have an iPhone yet, I'd just buy a unlocked one from Apple or EBay or something
    Last edited by 38115-2; 04-08-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    Let me know I helped by hitting the like button!

Ask me about my private themes repo!

Follow me and iPD on Twitter!

If you have a question for me, please use the visitor messages on my profile or Twitter instead of sending PMs, thank you(:

Device
    iPhone 4
    yeah the beest thing for you to do is buy a factory unlocked phone. so then you never have to worry about if its jailbreakable and unlockable

The full flash with data and web is here
    watch
    youtubeDOTcom/watch?v=h4yOOYqsfmA&feature=youtu.be

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910