welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how to play mvk on iphone/ipad

Question how to play mvk on iphone/ipad

Hello,
    on my iphone 4 I have installed oplayer. Avi files are just fine.
    But, about mkv`s 720p the video is playing in slow motion an there is no sound at all.
    This is a very serious problem, because I intend to sell may Galaxy Tab 7.7 and buy an very expensive Ipad 4 + Cellular.
    So, please help to so;ve this issue, before I buy something useless.
    Thanks.

I've moved to an iPhone 5 from a galaxy nexus and have had the same problem. Mkv will not play smoothly on the iPhone without conversion. There's no hardware support for playback so quality is bad and choppy. I've started using plex, which converts and streams a mkv to my iPhone. Excellent quality if you increase streaming Mbps and highly recommended.

Hello, thanks for the tips. I was trying to avoid video conversion due to loss of data, but for now seems to be the best option until an stable jailbreak for iOS 6 shows up. I used Xilisoft for my mkv`s, it had a special profile for iphone 4.
    For now I`m good, the movies plays smooth audio/video, it was just a test. I guess I have to wait for my new iPad 4, because my Galaxy Tab 7.7 is far away better than iPad mini, but older than iPad 4
    Thanks again.

Same prob here,ios ve not any best player for mkv videos

+ Reply to Thread