welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPhone 5 screen has yellow tint

iPhone 5 screen has yellow tint

Hi

I got an iPhone 5 Black 32 GB on AT&T and noticed that the screen was markedly yellow as compared to my iPad 3 or iPhone 4. After 6 days, I took the phone to Apple store where they replaced it for me. Surprisingly, the replacement has a more enhanced yellow tint on the screen.

I read so many forums --- talking about a "glue" that should get okay by a week's time after using the phone on full brightness. Sadly, the "glue" did not go away on either of iPhone 5's that I had. I also read articles on internet talking about Apple losing its quality control and that this was a screen color calibration/software issue and not the "glue" thing. Apple's websites have forums talking about it. Apple phone support says they don't even know this problem exists. Internet forums are reporting thousands of phones being replaced/returned due to this problem. Yet there is no word from Apple on the color discrepancy.

I would like to ask the readers for some advice. As it is, I have lived 2 years with the "antenna" problem on iPhone 4 and there were several occasions where my family members not knowing about the "death grip" used to hold my phone such that their calls dropped. Now I don't want to live next 2 years of my life with a "yellowgate" issue. Shall I return the iPhone 5 and get Nokia Lumia 920 instead? Huh

Thanks for reading / helping. Regards

Device
    iPhone 5 (just waiting)
    This is normal, your iPhone is very new and the glue behind the display has not dried up yet. It will dry up in about a week or so. Just give it time.

Device
    iPhone 5
    I have an iPhone 5 white 16gb.
    seems no issue to me about yellow color.
    only issue i am facing is the wifi problem. the apps show "waiting" and never get downloaded.

Device
    iPhone 4S, iPad 2
    Hey Tilly12
    I haven't heard of yellow tint issue with iPhone 5. Since forums are suggesting you to wait for some time and let the glue dry up, I will ask you to wait for it to dry. The other device you suggested Lumia 920; it is a nice phone but the lesser number of apps available over Marketplace makes it weaker when compared to iPhone 5. iPhone 5 is a nice smart phone, think before you return it.
    I am Daniel Jones, working in an iPhone Application Development Company as iPhone Apps Developer. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS, blackberry, android and other mobile platforms.

This is normal, your iPhone is very new and the glue behind the display has not dried up yet.

+ Reply to Thread