welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPhone 3 stuck in recovery

IPhone 3 stuck in recovery

Hi there

Just like to thank you for taking the time to read my problem it is appreciated so thank you all.

Let me start by telling you as much as i can about the iPhone ......

So 5 weeks ago I took my dog for a walk , i walk him about 5 miles i jog he follows on this particular day we went less than usual and I decided to turn back and walk home.

After walking for a bout half a mile I saw a phone on the floor , I picked it up and at first glance saw it to be an iPhone 3 , later that night when I got home I took a closer look and it was indeed an iPhone 3 8gig (nice find) the phone was not working and I could see it had a small amount of water actually in the phone so all I did was put it in a pot believing it was dead next to my Xbox and PC which are right next to a radiator.

Now yesterday roughly 5 weeks after finding the phone i start to hear a strange bleep every so often my daughter said "Dad that's my IPod it needs charging" So we put her IPod on charge but the bleep was still there and we know knew it was a sound an Idevice makes , after several hours of searching for the bleep we found it was the IPhone 3.

So I took it out to see the home-screen and a message saying no sim , then I put a sim (Vodafone) as I pushed the sim card down in the tray the device went blank for a few seconds then showed me a USB cable saying connect to iTunes , I have done this but it will not restore.

I have downloaded official FW 3.1.3 but still no restore , also tried a custom FW but still no go RECBOOT noor Whited00r work , i can get the phone to DUF mode but still fails the restore.

It completes the whole proses but right at the end decides to give me a error code this code changes every time "3014" "1014" "1015" and many more

Any help would be great even if its just advice or to tell me its doomed never to return , thanks people

Davie

When you get error 1015 use tinyumbrella hit exit recovery it should work.

Tinyumbrella ok thanks i will try it now just search google for it yeah ??

Yes google for that.

Ok mate i have used tinyumbrella and it has indeed kicked it from recovery but now it says " No SIM inserted insert valid sim to activate iphone" i have done so but it says on itunes "The SIM you have inserted is not supported" its a Vodafone SIM it then tells me to insert a supported SIM ????

it had no SIM in it to begin with i now have to find out who the carrier is lol gonna have to buy a SIM from all of them should be fun!!

123456& thank you very much for you wisdom very handy mate cheers

QUESTION : How do i find the original carrier ???
    Last edited by DavieSta2012; 10-29-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Send me the imei i can check for you to what carrier is locked.

also you can go to setting and about, there it will show you wish is the carrier.

I can not get in to the phone but IMEI is : 01 181000 348324 4

Quote Originally Posted by DavieSta2012 View Post
    I can not get in to the phone but IMEI is : 01 181000 348324 4
    IPHONE 3G 8GB BLACK SIM Locked, Yes Carrier, UK O2

Ok cheers mate "locked" ? so this means ??? sorry to be a noob , so even if i put O2 sim in its no good as its "locked" ??

Or can i , now its at this stage use "Ziphone" or "iLiberty+" to unlock jailbreak the device ?? then any SIM will activate no ??

HEADS UP ON WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR :

With the help of 123456& i managed to kick my device from recovery mode , this then presented me with "insert sim to activate" but i have no O2 sim at hand , i have just downloaded RedSn0w 0.9.4 and am proceeding to download Iphone IPSW 3.1.2 to execute a procedure im told is called "Hacktivating" the phone thus is supposed to bypasses the "insert sim to activate" screen and jailbreak the device , tried it 4 times with IPSW 3.1.3 and RedSn0w would not pick up the IPSW , i am now informed im to feed RedSn0w 3.1.2 .

i ll let you know what happens.

WOW it worked im at the home screen im in just gonna connect to wifi and install ultrasnow to unlock ......
    Cydia taking long to reload data told me i had a error and states i need to upgrade cydia to 1.1.x soon as possible .......
    Cydia updated along with a few important updates reloading data again for a reboot .....

Still reloading data .....

Rebooted , installed ultrasn0w is now rebooting again ....

Rebooting but is taking a while to shut down ....

Everything rebooted well but no signal on Vodafone or no service full signal on t-mobile but ends call as soon as i press call ??
    Last edited by DavieSta2012; 10-29-2012 at 04:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast