welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPhone on T-Mobile USA Network

Question iPhone on T-Mobile USA Network

Hello, i wanted to buy an iphone 4 from ATT and use it on T-Mobile, but i know its going to work only with 2g data speed, so i cant live with this. I've heard that iPhone 4S has a sim card (even Verizon) so i would like to know, i will get 3g from ATT or Verizon with iphone 4s on T-Mobile, or same 2G speed.

Thanks.

You need a SIM card slot regardless of which model in order to use it on a GSM network like AT&T or T-Mobile. No matter which model you get, they will all run 3G unless you get an original iPhone. Either way, T-Mobile has activated their 3G network for iPhones and all other AT&T phone in certain cities. My advice, find someone with an iPhone on T-Mobile in you area and ask if its getting 3G. I know that in Las Vegas the 3G network is active. I've had an iPhone on T-Mobile's 2G network and it was comparable in its speeds to the terrible 3G speeds I get on Sprint. If your re going to buy an iPhone, I suggest it be the 4S.

I live in Arlington Tx, i have a Gakaxy tab from Europe, its sane like ATT, so with att i have hspa+ with tmobile just 2g, in some areas near Dallas i can find 3g on tmobile. So i think the iphone will work same way.
    Btw Verizon iPhone 5 works on hspa+ on att and 3g on tmobile, anyone can confirm?

Account Currently Disabled
    Thank you, very thank you for your message, are looking forward to your update again

+ Reply to Thread