welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone actually like the look of iOS?

Does anyone actually like the look of iOS?

I've personally never cared for the look and feel of iOS(dislike) but I love and appriciate the look of the casing/housing since iPhone 4 was introduced. Does anyone feel the same way around here or is it just me? The OS is too locked down and simple things that should be allowable are not (e.g. themes).

Everything you said is what I too believe.

Glad I'm not alone. The interface really bugs me and I hate that I have to jailbreak in order to get the theme I want. Also, stock keyboard should of been better, iTypefastr should of been the prime canidate for stock.

I think I'm one of the few non-fanboys that like the iOS interface. I've used many Android devices (Gingerbread and ICS, both stock and Cyanogenmod), and I like that, for the most part, the settings are all localized into the settings app, and there aren't stock apps (with the exception being news stand and stocks) that I want to shove into a dark corner and forget about. I also don't care much for themes, they lag my 3GS slightly and I'm too used to the look of the stock icons. I just wish that I could get my 5 columns on a page without jailbreaking.

Device
    iPhone 5
    To be honest, i've gotten bored with the look of iOS as well. The springboard just looks too damn plain without jailbreaking
    Follow me on Twitter @ChasingEmil

Or Follow iPD on Twitter, Facebook, or Google+ to be the first to hear about breaking iPhone news, tips, hacks, and more!

I've never liked the stock look of ios, I'd rather have stock android if i had the choice. Things like pre-installed widgets that you can place on the desktop for android, makes stock more bearable. If ios had something similar (without having patent infringements, lord forbid), then stock ios wouldn't be to bad, but it is still plain as hell. If it wouldn't take so much effort just to be able to theme ios, it would help apple out a lot. Take android for example, maybe a week or so after a new device is put out, there is a root for it, all depends on the boot loader.

Device
    iPhone 4S, iPad 2
    A number of my friends have Android phone and I holds 4S and personally I feels iOS is a better interface. It is not like I love it but still I prefer to hold an iPhone over Android device. Do agree that without Jailbreaking the functionality is not that much but one we unlock iPhone it is the best.
    I am Daniel Jones, working in an iPhone Application Development Company as iPhone Apps Developer. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS, blackberry, android and other mobile platforms.

Im stayed with iphones for years.. right now have a sg3...ios need a new look...pass much time without a very good revision

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by palanku; 10-23-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Device
    Iphone 4 16GB
    i agree to most here..

iOS is too locked down, to dull and little adjustable. In other words, i think it is going out of fashion (maybe already has). iOS really feels old today.
    Jailbreaking your device is to me essential and opens up the phone much more.
    But still, it is getting boring.

do agree.not a
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindroid View Post
    i agree to most here..

iOS is too locked down, to dull and little adjustable. In other words, i think it is going out of fashion (maybe already has). iOS really feels old today.
    Jailbreaking your device is to me essential and opens up the phone much more.
    But still, it is getting boring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast