welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *IPhone 3gs* Did a Restore All Setting & Content Need Help

*IPhone 3gs* Did a Restore All Setting & Content Need Help

Ok so.I have a iPhone 3gs I just bought online as a backup phone(couldn't pass it up basically brand new 3gs for $50). Ok so I didn't know restore All content & settings would delete the operating system off the phone. Now phone won't boot past apple logo, I have not tried to access ITunes yet cause I don't have a Pc plus I wanna research everything I do with this phone before trying ANYTHING. The 3gs was running 4.2.1 and was not jailbroken, now phone is in emergency call only/ usb iTunes logo. Screen is working just fine I can turn phone on and off with no issues. So I downloaded official fw 4.2.1, I also still have the old owners sim ( was still in it wen I bought it) also did a imei check phone is locked to Att USA. IVE been surfing all the iPhone forums but yet to have found anyone who will help me. Right nowbim running a Galaxy S3 so: don't need it as a phone as of now I just need to use it as a iPod and jailbreak. Which is best method for me to proceed, I'm not new to hacking/unlocking phones,computers, ps3's just never a iPhone. I have no backups except the 4.2.1 I downloaded from iclarified. Do I even need that file thank you in advance Plz help in anyway would be great I think I got a good idea what to do but Idk what is my best way to go about it. I'm gonna have a laptop brought to my house in a few hours I have wifi access. hope to hear from one of you soon ty so much again...... Troy S.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Alsovim on T-Mobile so I would need to unlock iPhone thru cyndia but I think I got that process down I just can't find someone to out it to me in layman terms. Sorry for the long OP I just don't know what else to do or were to go ever other site has either not answered me or have been very rude to me I just need a lil jump start.

Account Currently Disabled
    Operating system is still there. It's just that you need to activate it. You can activate it either through an AT&T sim card or by jailbreaking using redsn0w. If you don't have an AT&T sim card, jailbreak it. You cam jailbreak it using jailbreak wizard at iclarified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But the phone only boots to the apple logo and then beeps after a few minutes then back to emergency call only slider with iTunes/usb screen as background. I've not found a download link for which version of redsn0w. If you could direct me with which version that would be great. From reading around I've been told I deleted the whole open off the phone when I clicked the restore all content and settings. This is good news if I was informed wrong, ty for quick reply. So I don't need to use iTunes I just need to use redsn0w to make a custom firmware of 4.2.1 w/ hactivation I just wanna be 100% about what's going on ty again

Edit: I have tried holding power and sleep/lock button then release and hold again but nothing happens gets caught up at apple logo and then just heroes and back to emergency calls only with slider and usb/iTunes background

It has the Att sim card in it the one that was in the phone when I bought it. Phones boots up same if I have no simcard in it or the Att one just get same screen as I've stated

Edit: I downloaded gp_win_RC6.1.zip is that the correct version of greenp0sion I need it says it's the version for 4.2.1 burning just double checking. Btw you are the man for helping me I can't thank you enuff you just saved my a$$

Last edited by tr0yz1488; 10-15-2012 at 11:02 AM.

You'll need a pc with internet connection. If the phone already has the AT&T sim card inside, just download iTunes from Apple website and connect your phone to pc. iTunes will activate the phone.
    In case you want to jailbreak it with greenpois0n, here is the guide:
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/inde...id=12159&laid=
    Don't worry about Greenp0ison version compatibility, always use the latest one.

Ya I got internet just my son spilt Pepsi all over my laptop so I haven't got around to getting a new one. We just have been using the ps3 or our phones with the wifi since I have a ps3 in every room we felt no rush to fix or get a new laptop. Imbalance excited now I can get in tune with iTunes and iPhone glory lol. I'm really excited you guys are life savers if all goes well iPhone 5 here I come lmao

Since this mobile is still on older iOS version, you need to connect it to a pc/mac with iTunes to activate it. iPhones with newer iOS can be directly activated over wifi without connecting it to pc.
    But coz you want to use it as an iPod, you'll still need a pc with iTunes to transfer your songs into it. You may probably try somebody else's pc.

Quote Originally Posted by musicloverdenon View Post
    Since this mobile is still on older iOS version, you need to connect it to a pc/mac with iTunes to activate it. iPhones with newer iOS can be directly activated over wifi without connecting it to pc.
    But coz you want to use it as an iPod, you'll still need a pc with iTunes to transfer your songs into it. You may probably try somebody else's pc.

I got my sister coming over in 2 & 1/2 hours and ima hook it up to iTunes to activate the use greenpoison to jailbreak its running fw 4.2.1 ima use the tutorial you posted a link to above to jailbreak
    Or should I use this method

http://forum.iphone-developers.com/showthread.php?p=16527

its redsn0w_win_0.9.10b7.zip will that work To jailbreak Idk which is easier that's the one I'd like to use

Last edited by tr0yz1488; 10-15-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Also I want to make sure its a untethered jailbreak so which should I go with

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast