welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: iPhone 5 Power Button sticking?

Question iPhone 5 Power Button sticking?

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone else's iPhone 5's power button is sticking and takes greater force to turn it on? It sometimes takes a few pushes. I didnt have this when I first got it, and now, two weeks later it does. Also have the rattling. What to do... any ideas?

Device
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Dunno about the button. But the rattle is normal. Is just the focus ring in the camera. Nothing to worry about.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Thank you! Yea the power button worries me...

My friend have this problem too.he Gonna get in touch with Apple tomorrow and hopefully he get phone replaced.

Device
    iPhone 4S, iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLurg1687 View Post
    Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone else's iPhone 5's power button is sticking and takes greater force to turn it on? It sometimes takes a few pushes. I didnt have this when I first got it, and now, two weeks later it does. Also have the rattling. What to do... any ideas?
    Hey TheLurg1687
    I will suggest you to get your phone checked at some Apple store. Since it is an electronic device the button must have got pampered or there can be some other issue. Apple will ask you that have your dropped your cell or queries like this, tell them you have not. You will get your phone replaced as soon as possible.
    I am Daniel Jones, working in an iPhone Application Development Company as iPhone Apps Developer. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS, blackberry, android and other mobile platforms.

Ok thank you I will!! Appreciate all the help

re-programming buttons

Is there a way to re-program the buttons ? Like making the volume button function as a power button?

You should show it to the apple service center this seems to be a minor hardware issue

Device
    iphone 4/4s
    Just take it to apple, if its jailbroken restore it before you go in there and do not backup from restore till they replace the device. That way there's no evidence that the device was jailbroken at all.
    Get your phone unlocked for the right price with no hassles.
    http://www.theunlocklab.com

+ Reply to Thread