welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car Mode in iPhone

Cool Car Mode in iPhone

Hey guys,

I have a HTC ONE X and I am planning on switchign to the iPhone 5. My major concern is just the Navigation. I use my One X as the GPS for my car and I love car mode. Is there something similar to car mode on iphone 5/ios 6? Please let me know!

Thanks!

Device
    iPhone 4
    Yes, iPhone 5 has built in turn by turn navigation

Hey, I know about that. I am asking about all the other stuff. Like music, phone etc accessible in car friendly mode.

Device
    iPhone 4S
    You can use SIRI to access music using your voice. When it comes to navigation iOS sucks bad. Even though iOS 6 has built in turn by turn navigation it does not remotely compete against google's navigation.
    iPhone 5 is a great device, but if you are going to seriously use it as a navigation device I strongly recommend you to use an android device instead.

This is just my personal oppionon though.

Device
    iPhone 4S, iPad 2

You can use Navigation

Quote Originally Posted by itismadhan View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a HTC ONE X and I am planning on switchign to the iPhone 5. My major concern is just the Navigation. I use my One X as the GPS for my car and I love car mode. Is there something similar to car mode on iphone 5/ios 6? Please let me know!

Thanks!
    Hey itismadhan
    There are number of apps that provides facility of navigating you while your drive. Since the new iOS 6 will have absence of Google Maps app but still there are many apps that guides you turn by turn on the road. One of the app is "Navigation", check that out.
    I am Daniel Jones, working in an iPhone Application Development Company as iPhone Apps Developer. I enjoys exploring apps on iOS, blackberry, android and other mobile platforms.

I use Navigon as a turn-by-turn GPS (no data connection required; all maps stored on the phone) and the music will also fade so you can hear instructions.
    SocialCubix is the iPhone Application Development Company

+ Reply to Thread