welcome to the new iphone-develoeprs community. Register below to get started.

XDA Users Click Here New Users Click Here
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can't access anything on jailbroken iPhone 4!!!

Device
    iPhone 4

Can't access anything on jailbroken iPhone 4!!!

Ok, maybe I was a little dramatic about anything, but there are several apps that won't allow it such as youtube or any games.

A little back story, first off, if you haven't guessed by my user name, I'm an Android user. Just my preference, and have nothing bad to say about apple or their devices. Well besides the fact they are so against ppl being able to do what they want with said devices. This is my Fiancee's phone and it was jailbroken before I came into the picture. I'm new to the world of jailbreaking, but well versed in rooted androids, going as far as assisting in a couple of different ROM's. I only say this because I'm hoping any technical knowledge I have might assist in resolving this issue.

She is now getting messages stating she needs to upgrade to 4.3. She says it says she is currently on 4.2. I'm thinking we need to upgrade to (iOS 5 at least) a newer iOS then jailbreak it again using either redsn0w or absinthe 2.0 (from what I've read to this point, these are the best, if not the only options.) But we were wondering if there was any workaround not requiring this through either Cydia or springboard (or winterboard, don't know if there is a difference between the 2, but she has said that she has springboard and then that she has winterboard, again, I'm out of my comfort zone.)

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by RhynosAndroid; 09-20-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Device
    iPod Touch 5th Gen
    If you are quick you can still install iOS 5.1.1 on it. Search for it on google. That one has an untethered jailbreak. If you do miss the window to install 5.1.1 you are stuck with 6.0

+ Reply to Thread